No announcement yet.

"Official" SHNF 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pizza shack would probably be a better "in between place" especially if you hunt the east side.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
      pizza shack would probably be a better "in between place" especially if you hunt the east side.
      I have been scouting the east side lately. I'll go get some pics of the ozone generator.

Comment

who needs street names? THanks for the pic of that tree I know right where its at, Ill meet you there opening morning and you can help me drag out my big buck.... LOL I humor myself... My buddy has been hunting the forest the last couple years and bugs the crap outta me to go with him. ALL YEAR LONG... I haven't hunted out there since I was around 19 and only went a couple times. But this may be the year I try it out again.

Is it safe out there? My concern is are there a lot of idiots that just shoot at anything that moves?
        Do you have to be up in a tree if so how high or does anyone build a brush blind on the ground?

Comment

Sorry, I got busy. Here they are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24223829

Well apparently I have not figured out how to shrink the pics on this stupid iPad.

Comment

[ATTACH]522339[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]522340[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]522341[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
              who needs street names? THanks for the pic of that tree I know right where its at, Ill meet you there opening morning and you can help me drag out my big buck.... LOL I humor myself... My buddy has been hunting the forest the last couple years and bugs the crap outta me to go with him. ALL YEAR LONG... I haven't hunted out there since I was around 19 and only went a couple times. But this may be the year I try it out again.

Is it safe out there? My concern is are there a lot of idiots that just shoot at anything that moves?
              Do you have to be up in a tree if so how high or does anyone build a brush blind on the ground?
              Hilarious....

During bow season there is hardly anyone out there. The first two weeks of general season there are a lot of hunters in the woods. As far as climbing, that is all I do. I like to climb 30' up. I have heard of people hunting on the ground, but only successful if using a rifle.

Comment

When are ya'll getting together at Pizza Shack? I have to train 2 clients back/traps wrkt in the am @24hr but I might be able to meet ya'll afterwards??

Comment

Trophy, opening day noonish. When is opening day this year anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                    Trophy, opening day noonish. When is opening day this year anyway?
                    Should be September 28th...

Yep, it's on the 28th
                    Last edited by TMiddleton; 07-26-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                      Should be September 28th...

Yep, it's on the 28th
                      I'm in . I'm requesting that weekend off.

Comment

See ya'll there opening day!!

Comment

I may have to make it to the shack as well

Comment

I'll be there.... unless I am dragging a buck!

Comment

Glad to see this thread up. I hunted the national forest last year for my first time. I didnt have anywhere else to hunt so i got the permits and learned what i could from you guys. After scouting and finding a spot and calling in a buck, now I'm hooked and will be returning again. I have a place to hunt now but i will also be hitting up the national forest, specially during the rut.

Comment

I'll be back this year, I got a place to hunt inside Bastrop state park this year as well so my time will be split. I, be been making trips out every couple of months to scout around and have found some nice spots. As far as other hunters, if you can make it out during g the week, I only saw someone else one time all last season

Comment

Working...
                                X