Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chad, Heath, any other guys who have followed the Horns so far during practice: what is to make of the talk that Anderson and Hudson underperforming so far? Both guys were supposed to be with the first unit, and from what I’m reading Hudson may not make the 2 deep, and now Anderson is supposedly undersized and weak? I could be a glass half full kind of a guy, but there is no way I believe we are so deep those two are getting buried. Sure doesn’t seem to be a very positive sign for the line. I just hope it’s still real early and they get it figured out.

Comment

Saw where Adoye and Overshown are gonna miss extended time with knee injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        Chad, Heath, any other guys who have followed the Horns so far during practice: what is to make of the talk that Anderson and Hudson underperforming so far? Both guys were supposed to be with the first unit, and from what I’m reading Hudson may not make the 2 deep, and now Anderson is supposedly undersized and weak? I could be a glass half full kind of a guy, but there is no way I believe we are so deep those two are getting buried. Sure doesn’t seem to be a very positive sign for the line. I just hope it’s still real early and they get it figured out.

I wouldn’t put to much into practice reports as I think there is less good information that gets leaked under Herman. From what I can read between the lines though, I think in general the whole OL has improved with the addition of Coach Hand and they finally have some depth and experience.

Hudson is going to have to show me before I believe the hype. Something about him just seems off. I have no info on this but I’m not sure how much he’s into it. This is just watching his body language from the little I have seen from him. Again I can be way off on him and I hope I am. Hopefully he can be the player he was projected to be.

There are conflicting reports on Anderson, again I’m not sure how good their intel is. He’s a veteran guy that has the length to play tackle. I’m not expecting him to be an All-American but he has to be better than what Texas has ran out the last couple of years.

I’m optimistic on the OL because of Coach Hand and the depth that’s there.

Comment

Jfng

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          . How he was second fiddle to Jamarcus Russell I'll never know. JR had pics of Miles doing dirty things with farm animals I guess.

Slew,

You may wanna go back and research Russell's CFB career. He was arguably one of the best QB's in LSU history. During his 2006 JR campaign, JM was the SEC offensive player of the week 3x's, and finished the season with a 68% completion rate. Russell was voted 1st team All SEC by the coaches and AP sports writers, one of only 2 QB's in LSU football history to receive that honor (Tommy Hodson is the other).

Flynn was very cerebral and made smart decisions by not turning the ball over under duress. FWIW, Flynn has 2 CFB NC rings, a SB ring, married Miss Louisiana and a Golden Girl, and played 9 seasons in the League.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Kingsbury announced that the TTU starting QB role will be will decided by a triathlon of sorts. The events, Indian Leg wrestling, arm wrestling and a thumb war. Leg wrestling results will be weighted as a component of 10 because the QB’s ability to scramble for his life is twice as important as the QB’s ability to heave the ball downfield. Thumb war was weighted as a 3 because it gave KK and new OC Johns adequate time to pull a play from the hat on 3rd and long situations.

Here is to being rated 2nd to last in the Big12!

Couldn’t have predicted a more accurate summary.

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
            Can't wait!

Yea, see Tech had an opportunity to do something like this, but we decided to put our dirty underwear back on that is full of skid marks from the past 5 seasons. Jimbo could have been wearing Scarlet and Black, but NOPE, not with Kirby in the seat.

I always excited for Red Raider football and I’m anxious to see how our youngsters are going to step up. But I ain’t getting my hopes up

Comment

First time I saw him play was when LSU was up about 30 on N Texas! He dropped back and threw a perfect spiral to a receiver 20yds downfield! I was like where the hell has this dude been? Then next play he went through his reads and nobody was open and he tucked the ball and ran for nearly a first down! How he was second fiddle to Jamarcus Russell I'll never know. JR had pics of Miles doing dirty things with farm animals I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              J R was Cam Newton before there was a Cam with a better arm. He could throw and run over people. Athletic as hell. Just not very bright.

Flynn was a great game manager and won with less God given ability.
              If you go back and look over time Lsu’s greatest QB’s were not the most athletic or highly recruited ones.

Comment

Don’t listen to the noise or read too much into practice intel, it’s all from “sources”.

This was mentioned as the 1's for last Saturdays scrimmage.

LT Calvin Anderson
                LG Patrick Vahe
                C Derek Kerstetter
                RG Zach Shackelford w Tope Imade getting reps.
                RT Denzel Okafor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by Chad C; 08-16-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Don’t listen to the noise or read too much into practice intel, it’s all from “sources”.

LT Calvin Anderson
                  LG Patrick Vahe
                  C Derek Kerstetter
                  RT Denzel Okafor

That’s interesting if true

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    That’s interesting if true
                    Yep, grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Couldn’t have predicted a more accurate summary.

Yea, see Tech had an opportunity to do something like this, but we decided to put our dirty underwear back on that is full of skid marks from the past 5 seasons. Jimbo could have been wearing Scarlet and Black, but NOPE, not with Kirby in the seat.

I always excited for Red Raider football and I’m anxious to see how our youngsters are going to step up. But I ain’t getting my hopes up
                      I don't think Tech has the bankroll to throw that much guaranteed money at someone!

Comment

Injuries are starting to rear their ugly head for teams.

TCU lost a stud DT for the season.

Yep, big loss. Probably the deepest position group but some guys just aren't replaceable. Easily the most athletic DT GP has ever had.

Comment

LT Calvin Anderson
                          LG Patrick Vahe
                          C Derek Kerstetter
                          RT Denzel Okafor

It's true. The local radio afternoon show and their guest say it's a great thing. Guys are stepping up and creating depth. Kerstetter is a rising star. They weren't as certain about Shack. Where he plays is uncertain right now.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Yep, big loss. Probably the deepest position group but some guys just aren't replaceable. Easily the most athletic DT GP has ever had.
                            Yeah this is a big loss for the Frogs

Comment

First time I saw him play was when LSU was up about 30 on N Texas! He dropped back and threw a perfect spiral to a receiver 20yds downfield! I was like where the hell has this dude been? Then next play he went through his reads and nobody was open and he tucked the ball and ran for nearly a first down! How he was second fiddle to Jamarcus Russell I'll never know. JR had pics of Miles doing dirty things with farm animals I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              You serious Clark? JR was one of the best qb's in LSU history if not the best. He would only possibly be behind Tommy Hodson and Rohan Davey IMO.

Comment

Not a very flattering list of QBs by any means.

Comment

Working...
                                X