Motorcycle sales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
    So I was told today by a dealer that if they sold the bike I'm wanting to me at the price I am firm on they are making 0$ dollars...I am offering $50 over MSRP...LOL
    Most legit companies (from what I've heard) will not let dealers sell for more than MSRP. That's supposed to be the max price.

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
      As a side note, the other really big reason they don’t like selling to people who want MSRP straight up is because they know they’ll make more money off someone else.

Did you ask to buy any accessories with the bike? Pipes? Did you indicate any interest in doing some more business with the dealer? .. they take all that into account. They’d rather sell that unit to someone who’s going to be a regular there, buying parts and servicing it there, rather than someone who’s gonna walk over $50. That guy walking over $50 is seen as a PITA customer that you’re not gonna make any money on, ever.. so they’d rather sell the bike to someone else.

No offense intended. It’s just the mentality the dealerships have.

I think you misunderstand, MY offer to them is 50$ over Msrp and they declined and let me walk. I even took there class there to get my endorsement, told them I want my servicing done in house and will be buying parts in the future. They’re offer to me is $1000 over msrp

Comment

I think you misunderstand, MY offer to them is 50$ over Msrp and they declined and let me walk. I even took there class there to get my endorsement, told them I want my servicing done in house and will be buying parts in the future. They’re offer to me is $1000 over msrp
        $1000 over MSRP? Are they not readily available? Gotta be a supply and demand issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          $1000 over MSRP? Are they not readily available? Gotta be a supply and demand issue.
          It’s a sportster lol it’s not like I’m wanting a anniversary edition or anything, it’s a stock iron 1200. Iv had 2 other dealerships decline my same offer.

Comment

It’s a sportster lol it’s not like I’m wanting a anniversary edition or anything, it’s a stock iron 1200. Iv had 2 other dealerships decline my same offer.
            Wow...you got me. HD not my thing but if it was, I'd rather by a nice used one and put the money in some fellers pocket rather than the dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              Wow...you got me. HD not my thing but if it was, I'd rather by a nice used one and put the money in some fellers pocket rather than the dealership.
              Yea only problem is this one is new for 2018 they didn’t make these before. So I understand maybe a little more expensive but they’ve been out for almost a year already. I can’t find the one I want used

Comment

One strategy would be to check back in with $ in hand on the afternoon of June 30th.

I've purchased some trucks and SUVs at unbelievable prices on the last day of the month and only talking with the sales mgr during the last 2 business hours.

Because I was working with the sales mgr, I was conscientious to have my needs listed for him/her and communicated I was not wasting their time. No test drives or lengthy haggling.

Comment

Get a used Harley that isn't a sportster. You'll be glad you did. Dealerships are thieves for starters. I had a nightster and didn't realize it was a glorified sportster (I was young). Great ride at first bc I wanted it but three rides later, I was ready to sell. Just my opinion.

Comment

Are y’all offering $50 over MSRP or $50 over cost?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                      Are y’all offering $50 over MSRP or $50 over cost?
                      $50 over MSRP. Not cost

Comment

Indeed, very interesting thread

Comment

is this Maverick you are dealing with, if it is I would go up the road to American Eagle, in Corinth

Comment

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
                              They’re nice but just not what I’m looking for

Comment

They’re salesmen... what do you expect?!

Comment

Working...
                                X