Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycotting Home Depot only Lowe's for me

I know y'all love a good boycott.

We've been remodeling a house the past couple of weeks and all our stuff has been in storage. I've spent a lot of money at both HD and Lowe's. I was told at Lowe's that they will refund the veteran discount up to 30 days in past. Unpacked the box with proof and just got the refund at Lowe's. No questions asked.

Home Depot on the other hand would not honor it and said veteran discount is only on the stuff bought on veteran's holidays. They must have had a bad day because they had an attitude on top of it.

Guess I'll be going to Lowe's in the future and not HD.

I get better service at Lowes now. Seemed like Home Depot was better for awhile but I think Lowes is way better now.

Comment

I get the discount at Lowes and Home Depot in Huntsville and Bryan/College Station.

Lowes always says " Thank You for your service"

Comment

No issues in Longview.

Comment

Lowes is better anyways. Home Depot's are always trashy and dirty.

Comment

Don't have an HD in town so I always got to Lowe's and haven't had any issues. I was told at one time that it's a store policy if they offer it year round, or just on Holiday weekends.

Comment

You might contact their corporate office.

Home Depot offers a 10% military discount to all active duty, reserve and National Guard service members, veterans and military spouses.

Comment

Temple home depot gives 10% off all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                  You might contact their corporate office.

http://themilitarywallet.com/home-de...tary-discount/
                  Yea I've already entered the details in the contact us area on their web site.

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  Temple home depot gives 10% off all the time
                  The Georgetown store used to as well. The one in Austin wanted proof I was vet at time of purchase. They wouldn't accept a DD214 as proof.

Comment

I never have had a problem at Home Depot or Lowes in Georgetown or Marble Falls.

Comment

If you go on to My Lowes you can register as a veteran and no proof needed after that.

Comment

^ this. Lowes uses a third party company to verify that you actually served. It goes in your lowes card and no ID necessary after that.

Comment

I know one of the managers in the HD in Cedar Park, sounds like you had a bad experience but I don't believe that it's universal to HD. Might want to speak with the store manager.

Comment

Lowes is always good, but they have recently stopped taking online paper gift card/store credit. Just a heads up.

Comment

I show my retirement id and have no problem

Comment

Working...
                              X