Tool Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Brands

Looking at buying some new tools, (ratchet/socket set, wrenches, etc.) What brand makes a quality product at an affordable cost? Not looking for anything like Snap-On, Cornwell, Mac etc., I just can't justify dropping that sort of coin for the amount I would use them.

I generally do most all repairs on my truck and then just general use.

Kobalt? Craftsman? Let me know what y'all are liking.

Kobalt, no questioned asked replacement on any of it. no receipt, no problem

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
      2nd that

Comment

I want a Gransfors Bruks #430

Comment

If you wanted to go Craftsman, they are having a lot of sales right now.

Comment

Hows the quality on the cordless power tools? Not really needing any just curious.

Comment

I have found that most lowes and home depot brands are holding up far better for me than craftsman. Just a weekend wrencher though.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                I have mostly craftsman, mostly years old, however.I dont think sears is going to survive. If I was buy tools right now it would be kobalt.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I have mostly craftsman, mostly years old, however.I dont think sears is going to survive. If I was buy tools right now it would be kobalt.
                  Mine are older craftsman too. Sears is going to die sooner rather than later. But they have already sold the craftsman tool line i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    X2. 90% of my hand tools are all Craftsman and are older than me, only had to warranty 2 ratchets but theyve been good to me. Dont think sears will last too much longer so Ive started buying all Kobalt tools, no issues so far and im happy with the quality, price is great as well.

For power tools, pretty much everything is Dewalt 20V or Corded.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                      That's probably because they are fixing to close up shop. Go with the cobalt line.

Comment

I bought these cheap Chinese made wrenches as back up. I like the fit and finish. You can add a couple of full sets metric/sae at a decent price especially this time of year. HD carries them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. I like my kobalt tools, started buying them instead of craftsman a few years ago. Quality tools with a good warranty, and it's easier to find a Lowes than a Sears.

Dewalt for all my power tools, corded or cordless. However, I have also used some of the rigid cordless stuff and they were nice.
                          Last edited by lungbuster1985; 11-21-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

The company I work for provides us with all Milwaukee cordless 12v and 18v tools. Haven't had any complaints and the warranty is great. Impact wrenches.

Comment

My Kobalt ratchet has been great. Husky screwdrivers suck. Milwaukee for power tools. Estwing for hammers and hatchets. Ruger for revolvers and rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X