How do you hand corn when you can't hand corn everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you hand corn when you can't hand corn everyday

You build you one of these hope it'll trick them.
    Started out as a 5-gallon Moultrie feeder added a bigger bucket and I'll hoist to make it easier to pull up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice try, but hand corn is hand corn. I only get to do it weekly, 20 to 40lbs piles with a line and it seems to last a good part of the week. Fleshing up pile when getting to the stand.

Comment

That will work!

Comment

Comment

So you think they will know the difference . How pray tell.

Comment

I
            Use
            The other hand,,

Comment

Each time I go to my place (2/3 times per week) I run my cart down the trail that my blind sits next to, turn on the road feeder and let 'er fly. I do the same in the dark before I hunt. It works fine and so will your hoisted feeder !

Comment

150-200 lbs at a time

I make my corn piles a couple of hundred pounds, easier to smell and you don't have to keep scenting it up when you keep replenishing them.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                  Nice try, but hand corn is hand corn. I only get to do it weekly, 20 to 40lbs piles with a line and it seems to last a good part of the week. Fleshing up pile when getting to the stand.

Nice try? Where do you buy "hand corn"? Please let me know

If it's on the ground and the feeder is 30' up a tree, then how will the deer know if it's hand corn or not?

Comment

If I put 100 lbs of corn on my lease all at once I will have some really happy pigs

Comment

Hand corn with the other for the stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        If I put 100 lbs of corn on my lease all at once I will have some really happy pigs

No joke.
                        And pouring it out in a line....the cows will love it.

I hand corn often as I can. Especially in prep of the wind I need for that stand.
                        I Throw about 3-5 pounds out at a time.
                        I scatter it in a small area where my shooting holes are at.

Comment

For a day or two

They are really happy for a day or two until I start feeding them arrows!!

Comment

Nice try? Where do you buy "hand corn"? Please let me know

If it's on the ground and the feeder is 30' up a tree, then how will the deer know if it's hand corn or not?
                            Thanks for the idea btw.

Comment

Two things. I set up a new feeder on the ranch about two months ago tested it on Sunday and all was good. Three weeks later when I hit back to the ranch I pulled the camera card and had every animal species coming to the feeder and the funny thing was the feeder never went off again and was still full of corn. I was amazed, heck a bag of corn could last all season without ever feeding. Second I dumped 25 pounds of corn by a tripod that doesn't have a feeder and had animals coming for 5-6 days just checking to see what they could find. What I learned is the smell of corn brings them in even if they can't find it to eat it. The biggest buck I have seen on camera came to the hand corn off the beatin path. I'll be doing a lot of "hand corn" this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X