I had surgery last night!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had surgery last night!!!

On Tuesday around 10 pm, my lower right stomach was starting to hurt. Thinking it was just gas, I dismisses the pain for me being a wimp and tried to go to sleep. Did not get much rest that night and woke up with a severe stabbing pain in the same area. Well, since I had work in the morning (driving a bus for a&m, I woke up and went to work. The pain just would not go away at this point. Being a typical guy, I brushed it off and figure it would subside with time. Well, after having to excuse myself from classes a couple times, I figured the pain was bad enough to go to the doctor and try to ER some meds. The doc told me that I needed a ct scan right away. So, off to the ER I go. My friend Lindsey picked me up and hurried me over to the med in college station. After some waiting and having to drink the nastiest concoction in my life, I went in and for the scan. The results showed that my appendix was nearly 8 or 9 times its normal size.... I was the lucky recipient of acute appendicitis. Time for surgery. They stuck some holes in me and got the thing sucked out. Will post my scar pics as soon as someone wakes up to take them for me.

Doc said if I would have waited any longer my appendix would have ruptured and caused me to go septic, which means I could have very easily died. I defy anyone to tell me God doesn't exist, because He was definitely looking out for me yesterday.

wow, glade ya got fixed up!

Comment

Wow, glad they caught it in time, prayers sent for a speedy and complete recovery

Comment

Appendix sucks! God does exist and to prove he has a sense of humor, he gave us an appendix.

Comment

Prayers sent up, thank God you went to the ER.

Comment

I'm glad you got it in time, prayers up for a quick recovery.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378992477.760881.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	24243822
              Hopefully they turn into cool scars

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
                Doc said if I would have waited any longer my appendix would have ruptured and caused me to go septic, which means I could have very easily died. I defy anyone to tell me God doesn't exist, because He was definitely looking out for me yesterday.
                ^^^ this happened to me (rupture) when i was 15. i spent 7 full days in the hospital recovering.

glad you finally did something about it and are here with us today. take care of yourself and i wish you a speedy recovery

Comment

Had the exact same thing happen to me last October minus the nasty concoction. Felt like I had gas for 2 or 3 days never really thought much. School clinic dr. Ordered me not to go to class and go to er they wanted to haul me in an ambulance but my hard headedness would not let them.

Comment

Had mine go bad when I was 9 I think. Still have the little scars! That laser surgery is AMAZING on recovery time. I think I was out running around 2 or 3 days later! Granted I was 9lol

Comment

Glad your ok!

Comment

Man,that was close! Had a friend in high school nearly die,because of that useless body part.

Comment

Glad it turned out ok!

Comment

I had that about 6 years ago. The surgeon said my appendix was "rotten." I never had lot of pain, except when the doctor pressed into my gut with his finger and then released it quickly. That about sent me through the roof. Glad you came out OK. Oh, and the scars, I can't even find mine any more.

Comment

glad your ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X