Nooner Ranch Deer Hunting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docmay View Post
    I have never been to the nooner ranch but I have been involved in a nooner......!
    Internet gold. Doc for the win

Comment

Ok, finally got a chance to read thru all the "respected responses to the original OP!!" Then...of course, those who comment with their "ethics and beliefs" that don't address the original question????

All I can say is the OP is my son, a TBH SON, and over the years I have watched and helped him haul bag after bag to fill feeders. I have watched him dedicate his love for bow hunting and spend EVERY SECOND of his free time to improving our camp and Practice, Practice, Practice his skills. Landon took his first deer at 10 after his Grandpaw and I took him and his brothers every chance we had to Sterling City...low fence or NO fence. He was taught to respect nature, ethical kills and enjoy the outdoors and the bounty of God's creatures to the table.

Some of these responses are absolute BS! He asked a simple question, then the "experts" chime in with their beliefs and responses. Some, one in particular, invalidates any comment worth reading with his harvest over the past few seasons.

There are so many that advocate hunting, getting outdoors, have their opinions on HOW and WHERE to hunt...but that's ok...we all have our opinions but really, really, really?

Son, you work your BUTT off and now one of your clients wants to reward your efforts with a "once in a life time hunt!" So go, enjoy those who responded to your OP that answered your inquiry and FORGET/Ignore the BS criticism. You earned it and once you get my AGE...you too won't give a DAM about the comments that don't even address your original question!!!!

Proud of you and have fun......DAD

Comment

Stand for something or fall for anything.

Comment

I just got done operating and have a couple ladies in labor. Working on a Friday so I will be able to pay for my "high fence" and guided hunts coming up.

Landon, go have fun! I'll echo what was said above and what I said earlier. Life is too short, go enjoy the outdoors and the hobbies you enjoy any way you can. I don't have family land to hunt and I never bought a ranch because I love to travel and hunt. I decided to chase the super slam and whatever critters tickled my fancy. Sure, I could have put all that money in to a place and grown a good buck or two. Instead I lease some low fence ground in Mason from a great friend and I am thrilled shooting 120-130 inch deer. I take my now wife and stepson there and teach them to hunt. I go to star s every year and enjoy the heck out of a beautiful ranch and see big deer. One of my dear friends is a guide and another good friend runs the hunting. It's funny, one of those pen deer schooled me last year and in 4 days I could not get him killed. I truly hunt because I love it! I love every aspect of it from practicing with my bow, to planning hunts, to posting on tbh, to gutting deer, tracking, tuning bows, etc. sounds like you work hard and you have a client that respects what you do. Go enjoy a hunt and some fellowship. I for one would love to hear about it and see the pics. Sorry for my rambling and I hope it makes some sense. I gotta get back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir, Doc May to the lead. More folks like minded would sure help out a situation.
            I hope the OP puts something FREAKIN HUGE in the dirt. Let him enjoy a stud, and something for us simple folk to drool over (PLEASE POST PICS).
            Peyton, my biggest deer have come off of a high fence. I have never tried to brag about it, or sold a tale. They all have a euro on my wall to remind me of the fun times shared with family with each of them. I would not trade that for anything, and they ate like a fatted calf. Not everyone gets to hunt great places, low fence or other. The high fence is not the devil, neither is management. It all has to do with the individuals and how they run their business.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
              Do you really think that if there were no high fences your neighbor would have done this?
              Of course it wouldnt have been done if there wasnt a tall fence. Doesnt take alot to figure that one out but some people make an investment and need it to pay for itself and make a little extra.
              Not everyone is handed they keys to the ranch and the bank account some people need the profit a ranch can bring.:
              Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 07-21-2017, 05:50 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                Stand for something or fall for anything.
                Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  What's going to be done about it? It's been going on for quite a few years and no action has been taken. I have to agree with Peyton. It's too late. Might as well just pull the plug.
                  It is to late. I said years ago TBGA should not allow anyone to enter a deer that comes from a ranch that has ever released any deer be it a buck, doe or fawn from breeder pens, DMP or TTT deer onto their ranch. They have the records of all deer moved in the state to do this.
                  Last edited by texashunter56; 07-21-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    I just got done operating and have a couple ladies in labor. Working on a Friday so I will be able to pay for my "high fence" and guided hunts coming up.

Landon, go have fun! I'll echo what was said above and what I said earlier. Life is too short, go enjoy the outdoors and the hobbies you enjoy any way you can. I don't have family land to hunt and I never bought a ranch because I love to travel and hunt. I decided to chase the super slam and whatever critters tickled my fancy. Sure, I could have put all that money in to a place and grown a good buck or two. Instead I lease some low fence ground in Mason from a great friend and I am thrilled shooting 120-130 inch deer. I take my now wife and stepson there and teach them to hunt. I go to star s every year and enjoy the heck out of a beautiful ranch and see big deer. One of my dear friends is a guide and another good friend runs the hunting. It's funny, one of those pen deer schooled me last year and in 4 days I could not get him killed. I truly hunt because I love it! I love every aspect of it from practicing with my bow, to planning hunts, to posting on tbh, to gutting deer, tracking, tuning bows, etc. sounds like you work hard and you have a client that respects what you do. Go enjoy a hunt and some fellowship. I for one would love to hear about it and see the pics. Sorry for my rambling and I hope it makes some sense. I gotta get back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Very inspiring words!

Comment

This thread has given me a great idea! A bunny ranch and big deer kick and shoot operation all in one.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        This thread has given me a great idea! A bunny ranch and big deer kick and shoot operation all in one.
                        Peyton and Marko won't be on your VIP list..😎

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                          My wife will be thrilled.

Comment

landon. like I said earlier, the place has good food, nice place to sleep, and some really good deer, but if you decide not to go, I will be glad to take your place! If the thought of a high fence is an issue, just close your eyes as you go through the gate. After you are inside, you will never know the difference.
                            Have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                              Lol at least one of the is respectful about his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                Of course it wouldnt have been done if there wasnt a tall fence. Doesnt take alot to figure that one out but some people make an investment and need it to pay for itself and make a little extra.

Not everyone is handed they keys to the ranch and the bank account some people need the profit a ranch can bring.:

I had to bury both my parents before 40 and buy my sister out to "get the keys". Don't play with me on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X