No announcement yet.

Is this gettin old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You aint old until you have fallen and cant get back up.

Comment

Growing old is not for wimps, suck it up

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        My back locked up the other day brushing my teeth layed on the floor for an hr... just pulled 30
        I started randomly having that in my lower-mid 20s. **** drilling rigs aged my body way too fast. Everything pops or aches until I get moving and "warmed up" haha. 33 now

Comment

I miss 35...It's when you sneak into the 40's when you really feel youth slip away & and the dang warrantee starts to fall off.

You quit jumping out of the bed of pickups, convert your feeders to crank because you nearly busted your butt from the ladder giving way & how you handle really heavy lifting.

Comment

It's not going to get any better!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              My back locked up the other day brushing my teeth layed on the floor for an hr... just pulled 30
              It happened to me once just reaching over to flip the light switch so I could be sure to hit in the toilet. My boys used a towel as a sling to get me back to the bed, then I had to p in a cup on top of it all.
              To the OP and everyone, find a good chiropractor now you'll need him when you do wander into that realm of getting old.

Comment

Finally gave up and started wearing everyday glasses instead of reading cheaters this year at 44 which hits kinda hard. Lost my hair in my 20’s so I’ve been warming up for it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Just bad luck. When you get as old as goldeneagle then your old

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                  Growing old is not for wimps, suck it up
                  Yep. It durn sure ain't for sissies!

Comment

I guess I am getting Old because I am to the point where it takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      You aint old until you have fallen and cant get back up.

Yep. It ain't the gettin down that's hard, its the gettin back up !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        I was diggin a hole and stomped the shovel wrong. Jacked up my foot. Is this what it's like getting old? I just turned 35 and it seems like the last couple years I hurt myself once a month somehow stupid like this.
                        Well -- you're half my age nearly, and all I got to say is enjoy the next 5-10 years before the downhill slide steepens. But, stay active, work out (weights and aerobics) and you'll enjoy many more years.

Comment

Were you wearing Crocs? [emoji102]

Skinny

Comment

I was 50 beofre crapped ached. I ve always been a gym rat and I'm still chunking things around at 56, but dang recovery time has doubled. I now use the theory work smarter not harder. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              HAHAHA. You're just getting started. I jumped off my tailgate the other day and it felt like I jumped off the top of the house.
                              It’s funny you mention it, cuz the other day i thought the same thing. I remember jumping off the house as a kid. Today, at 47, it would kill me.

Comment

I am 61 and in my mind I am still 30, but sometimes my body sets my mind straight....lol But comparing myself to other people my age I feel very fortunate to continue to do the things I do

Comment

Working...
                                X