How to keep mice out of travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep mice out of travel trailer

I need some ideas on how to keep mice out of the travel trailer on the ranch

Moth balls and pet rattle snakes. But seriously moth balls will work.

Comment

Spearmint concentrate on cotton balls spread around the trailer. Moth balls don't slow'em down a bit.

Comment

Stuff steel wool in cracks and crevices. The will not chew through it.

Comment

Plug/caulk all the plumbing holes and any holes in the bottom of the trailer.
          I use liquid nails so they can't chew through it.

Comment

Keep it clean and all the above

Comment

dryer sheets and plug in air fresheners have worked for me over the last 2 months

Comment

I keep 3 boxes of D-Con mice poison in mine year round. Never had an issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

sprinkle comet or Bon Ami around the tires as well. Can't remember if one is better than the other?

Comment

My wife has told me about some device you plug in with a noise they do not like. Anyone heard of this? We keep out mouse bait but the only draw back is they die in the camper and then the hunt is on to find them.
                    Last edited by doghouse; 09-15-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                      My wife has told me about some device you plug in with a noise they do not like. Anyone heard of this? We keep out mouse bait but the only draw back is they die in the camper and then the hunt is on to find him.
                      I've heard of it and actually bought a couple. They didn't work worth a dern for me.

Comment

i put lots of rat poison around and under mine. Not sure that it worjed cause I killed a 2.5' rattle snake underneath a pallet that was laying next to my steps a few weeks after outting the poison out.

Comment

The plug in units are at Home Depot. Can't remember what they are called. They also work for squirrels in the attic.

Comment

In my experience, there's no substitute for a good old fashioned mouse trap.

Comment

Peppermint oil.

Comment

Working...
                              X