X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please school me

Please
    School me on the traditional bow....
    From the equipment to the style to the technique and cost and so on....
    May be interested in trying something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you read the stickies yet?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I know website, with a forum, that has a few 100 threads at the very least on Traditional. PM for details

Comment

I don't know if you've read it, but like DRT mentioned the sticky thread near the top of the trad forum titled "what you need to get started" or something similar to that has a ton of valuable info. But really all you need is a bow, some properly spined arrows, a target and LOTS of patience. Cost isn't too steep to start out, or at least doesn't have to be. Don't rush out and spend a lot of money. You can get a good trad bow and a dozen arrows for less than $300.

Comment

If I'm not mistaking the LSBA Sate Shoot will be held at your local range next month.

I would highly recommend attending that shoot and meeting the local "Trad Crew" along with many other trad folks that can help you.

Always remember shooting traditional equipment is a timely process that is well worth the time put in when it all comes together.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input. Will def read the stickies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bisch, Randy, Rick, Swamp and many others are valuable resources to help you on this rewarding journey known as "the suck". Welcome to the pack.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

The next time you are going to your lease, call Bob Sarrels in Manchaca (Austin). Go by his shop and shoot a few bows. Just be sure to take some cash with you, as you will most likely find one to your liking. I have two longbows from Bob and they are top shelf. Bob's a pretty good guy too; He will help you along.

Doug Key

Comment

Working...
                X