Made myself a quiver out of canvas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made myself a quiver out of canvas.

Got tired of carrying arrows in my hand while stalking squirrels around the yard so I had my wife teach me how to run a sewing machine and got to work.

Old canvas flight bag.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Quiver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	25117062
    Cut the pattern I need.

Name:	Quiver 2.jpg
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	25117063
    Sew it all up.

Name:	Quiver 3.jpg
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	25117064
    I'm cutting one of the straps off of this old chemical mask bag for the quiver, taking the small pouch off of it and putting it on the quiver as well and then turning the bag into a haversack for packing a few things.

Name:	sack 4.jpg
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	25117065
    Richard.

Quiver is done. It looks a lot bigger in the picture.

Name:	Quiver 4.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24499277

I also finished the haversack thingy and think it will work well for packing a water bottle, knife and some light weight wet-weather gear.

Richard

Comment

Cool!! I like it.

Comment

Nice bag, Richard. Looks like it is set up as a back quiver. My buddy Mike is making up a plains type quiver out of cloth for me to try out.

Todd

Comment

You can tell that you might be a stick bow archer if you make your own quivers...and strings...and tabs...and you start hoarding leather scraps...and you start looking for good feathers on road kill hawks.

Comment

Thanks folks! Yup it's set up as a back quiver. I'd considered making the sack and quiver all sewn together but decided it'd be too much of a PITA to take apart later if I wanted to change something.

Richard.

Comment

Comment

Nice job! Way to utilize the available resources to improvise, adapt and overcome.

Comment

Very Nice, I took some old worn out blue jeans and made a hip quiver out of them for me and my son. A lot the same principal as what you did. Funny, I have several other quivers, but I like the denim ones the best...

Comment

2X COOL... I like the quiver a lot!!!

Comment

I have to say, that is ****** Richard. The color, of course, is perfect! You could sew some MOLLE loops into it and hook a few squirrels to it while you are out hunting.

I might just have to copy this. (I am currently testing out a new backpack that has MOLLE all over it and I'm starting to like the versatility of canvas and straps...)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                          You can tell that you might be a stick bow archer if you make your own quivers...and strings...and tabs...and you start hoarding leather scraps...and you start looking for good feathers on road kill hawks.
                          LOL. I guess I was an archer before I picked up a bow.

Junkers: the quiver looks awesome. I made one out of scrap floor vinyl, pipe foam insulation and duct tape...no strap. I like yours alot better. You taking orders?

Comment

Thanks guys! It means a lot to me that you all approve of my back woods engineering.

Finished Haversack and Quiver. They detach from each other to be used one or the other or I can clip them together to carry as one. I put a small pouch on the bag to carry my binos.

Name:	sack and quiver.jpg
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	24501055

Richard.

Comment

You know I have to Scott... You will learn that if Scott was an Eskimo, you could sell him ice, at any price, as long as you put green food coloring in it before you froze it! Nice going on the back quiver Junkers! I've made several, of EVERY kind, but have yet to find them usable (for me) in a hunting scenario. Made them from leather, PVC, animal skins, put in internal tube divider compartments, foam insert in the bottom, and the list goes on... I love em, think they're awesome, but haven't built one yet that I liked to use for hunting. Roving, target practice, stumping, and even small game... Sure! Works great! But, don't like them while easing through the type of brush I hunt. Too many vines to hang, stuff rubs the feathers (loud!), and shafts "clanking" against each other, to name a few. I also have'nt come up with a good COMPACT way to keep broadheads seperated and accessible, from rubbing/dulling the blades, as well as know exactly which one they are if i need one "right now" without fumbling for it. If you only carry one type of arrow, prob not a problem, but, I usually carry a field tipped arrow, judo point, and broadheads. Once again, don't read this the wrong way... I think they are cool, VERY practical in the right situations to haul a bunch of arrows, etc. The ONLY reason I said all of this useless rambling, was just if you were thinking of using it for deer, hogs, and such it may not lend itself to that type of hunting overly well. If you are creeping around not having to duck in and around brush, it'll prob work fine. Just some things to keep in mind. Once again very cool quiver! And that type of canvas oughtta make it bulletproof! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                              X