Adding weight with weedeater line???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding weight with weedeater line???

I am trying to add some overall weight to my GT's and started with weedeater line since I have some laying around. What is the trick for keeping it from rattling inside? I added two strands, full length and got the weight I am after. For the record, I am not trying to adjust spine, I have them flying good...I just want some heft to get them to 10 gr. per lb. Any tips???

i haven't heard off getting weedeater cord to stop rattling but i have used aquarium tubeing from walmart and that fits good a snug in my goldtip

Comment

Thanks. Aquarium tubing may be next...I just thought I would try this since I had it.

Comment

I've used the weedeater string before. But had better luck with braided nylon rope.

Comment

I have the rope in mine, works pretty good.
          chris Kiefner

Comment

What diameter rope...just find a size that fits snug? I am assuming a poly type rope? Thanks again for the suggestions.

Comment

I would go down to my garage to tell you, if it wasn't 4 degrees outside. Just get a fastener that will fit down the shaft with the rope and attach fishing line to it and pull it down until you get to your insert, if you wait to put your insert in after wards it can be a pain in the !@#. I have heard people using para. cord also, this might be easier yet. Then you do not have to worry about the fastener. the fastener sets pretty far after all is said done from the tip of the arrow an causes little effect. Pete Ward told me to just get brass inserts and not even mess with the cord. I haven't tried it yet, but Pete has tried everything and he knows what works. He might have it on his page peteward.com, give the sight try I do not know if it is on there or not so don't be mad if ain't, but do check out everything, some things will simply amaze you.
              Chris Kiefner

Comment

I used 3/16" braided nylon in my gold tips. It just fits inside of them. My inserts were already glues in. I took the nock of, cut the length of rope that I needed, and pushed it in as far as it would go. Then just spin the shaft and push the rope. It will go down pretty easy.

Comment

i used the aquarium tubing fast and adds just the right amount of weight and cheap too

Comment

With the weed waker line the trick is to cut the line a little long so that the nock push's it aginst the side of the arrow. not too much or the line will pop off the nock.

Comment

if you use the brass inserts it will change the spine of the arrow. I use them in my GT's but I did it to adjust the spine to my bows performance.

Use the Walmart aquarium tubing. It won't alter the spine, is easy to insert or remove, and is quiet when shooting. Just take out the nock and insert, measure the depth of the nock and cut it off, reinsert tubing and nock. It changed my arras frm 540gr to 720gr. I like a heavy arra!!!
                      troy

Comment

Me too Troy, especially for pigs!

Comment

Duck'n the easy way might be to put the gold tip weights in your arrows, They screw in behind the insert. I don't know how much weight your looking for . It may make your tip too heavy. Just a sugestion

Comment

Duckn I have used cord and it makes the arrow wobble the best thing to do is bump up the FOC with some heavy heads, I hear GT have a weight system use that cause anything you put in the arrow really can affect the performance by way of wobble it is better to have a nice dynamic arrow than a wobbley arrow
                            Paul

Comment

I shoot 250 gr up front and my arrows fly like darts

Comment

Working...
                              X