Seadrift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seadrift

I don't have Facebook and everyone I know has evacuated. The news is kinda skipping over this little town as well. Does anyone have first hand info?

Another tide gauge at Seadrift, Texas, recently measured a water level of 5.7 feet above Mean Higher High Water. SUMMARY OF 800 AM CDT...1300 UTC...INFORMATION

This is from the Hurricane center, it's about as good as I can get for you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks merc. I've seen that. Any idea how your place is holding out?

Comment

A buddy has a camp at Charlies down Lane rd and got word lastnight a boat storage got a lot of damage and a tornado went down Lane rd. But nothing has been confirmed yet. He is going to try and get down there tomorrow if rds are closed he is talking about putting boat in water and going by boat.

Comment

From what I understand they are not letting owners thru at this point.

Comment

I've got friends that stayed in Seadrift. They live near the school in a house they built on stilts. They're doing ok. I can ask about the Lane. I'll get back after I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone gets a reliable report let me know. We have a place in shoalwater next to Charlie's. Might have been time to rebuild anyway.

Comment

Any other news would be great. We evacuated my in laws From Shoalwater Flats Association. This is across Lane rd from Charlie's. The tornado was about 3am Saturday morning. It woke us up and lit a fire under us to get out of there. Prayers for all that this storm has affected.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                  Thanks merc. I've seen that. Any idea how your place is holding out?
                  Not a clue, parents went to Victoria but reports we've got from friends are. Water in froggies, and all the ditches full but no major damage reported or flooding in town.

Just glad to have not heard of any injuries yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

If froggies is full of water I'm sure the fishing center is too.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Heard that Hoopers in POC is fine.

Comment

Seadrift

Talked to my friends in Seadrift and they had not heard about about a tornado. Lots of trees and power lines down in Seadrift and, of course, LOTS of water.

My wife is going to text/call the Gray's (Charlie's). I forgot we have their number. If/when we hear back I'll post what they say. Their phone is going to voicemail right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Horitexan; 08-26-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for updates!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                              If froggies is full of water I'm sure the fishing center is too.
                              It doesnt take much to get water in froggies

Comment

Working...
                              X