2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexan View Post
    Growing up in SE Texas, what we called a Pin Oak, some called a "Willow Oak". Old timers would call Water Oaks and Willow Oaks "Pin Oaks".

lol....It's funny how regional some names are. I never heard a Tupelo called anything but a "Black Gum".

Yeah I thought a "pin oak" was a Willow oak. Never heard a regular water oak (leaf shaped like duck foot) referred to as a pin oak. Gets so confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
      Yeah I thought a "pin oak" was a Willow oak. Never heard a regular water oak (leaf shaped like duck foot) referred to as a pin oak. Gets so confusing.

Ya I’m so lost when it comes to oak identification. I can tell you they are in the oak family but that’s about it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just pulled in the gate for round 2 today. Gonna hunt the pasture this evening. I brushed in a blind earlier after I left. Wish me luck

Comment

view for the evening. They’ve been using this tree line to graze in the early mornings and late evenings. It’s a new property. Im just learning their patterns as I go

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhh...and sit real still under that pin oak. They will be by in a little bit.

Comment

Spike here

Comment

Comment

will be looking for a new lease next year anyone know of possible openings

Comment

Packing up and heading out again tomorrow for another 2day/2night primitive Hunt with the boy. Should be some good mid day movement over the next few days. Might catch a big one slipping up in the sunlight.

Comment

I'm glad y'all are seeing some good bucks cause I sure as hell haven't. Two small 7 points and a spike are all I have so far. Last year I had plenty of shooters on cam at this point... I know one has been shot. Sadly because he was a 4.5 10 point that was probably 22" wide. Was a wide 8 two years ago. I would have loved to have seen him this year.

As for the doe I hit last night, no deer. We looked this morning with no sign of anything. I think she's still alive and kicking. I hope so.

Comment

Man, I can't wait til Saturday. Going to pull cards and hopefully sit in the tripod and see if the pigs show up.

Anybody see anything out there today? It was nice and cool this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                          Man, I can't wait til Saturday. Going to pull cards and hopefully sit in the tripod and see if the pigs show up.

Anybody see anything out there today? It was nice and cool this morning.
                          It's supposed to rain like hell this weekend, just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            That's fine by me. Maybe help my food plots out a little lol. I don't mind sitting in the rain, trust me I won't melt

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Go sit in your ladder then...lol

Comment

Finally on board in the pines. I've been wanting to kill this big ol knot head doe since opening day! Finally caught up to her and sent a Montec through her heart. No more of her alerting every deer in the county. The to sit back and hunt my target buck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X