F150 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 ?

Found one I liked and I had a question. For guys with 35’s do you feel that the eco boost or 5.0 handle better.

Handles great! Wouldn't change a thing!

Comment

Test driving tomorrow. I am gonna try both engines. Maybe for the fun of it try the f250 even though I really don’t need it. On another note, if lift and tires are already on the truck when I buy it wouldn’t they be covered on the 3/36

Comment

I have the 5.0 and 35's. I also have a programmer. It runs great and rides nice (6 BDS suspension lift). I have never driven an eco boost.

Comment

I would say the eco would be better IMO since the turbos will kick in with the additional torque put on the truck by having the larger tires

Comment

Have a 5.0 with 33's and love it

The guy putting on my leveling kit said he helped do 2 lift kits on eco's and said they both regret it. Lost all their pick up and acceleration. Just relaying what he said

Comment

My eco boost handles 35’s with 6 inch lift with no problem drives great!

Comment

I would say power wise the eco, but it will drop MPG more than the 5.0. I have the eco and 33" heavy tires and I dropped 2 mpg over stock. But I don't ever see it loosing much power, the eco 3.5 is a beast and it amazes me all the time what a little 3.5 v6 can do.
                Last edited by Bowtech32; 10-11-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Mine was the 5.0 by the way.

Comment

Gears man .... its all about the gear ratio in the rear diff get the 3:55 gears min but 3:73 would be best.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Will read the spec sheet and see what the gear ratio is.

Jesse s
                      That is the same set up I’m looking at.

Comment

So life got in the way today gonna try again tomorrow.

Comment

I have had two 5.0's and currently the 3.5 with the 10 speed transmission, the 3.5 out pulls the 5.0's with the same load and about two mpg better without a load.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse S View Post
                            My eco boost handles 35’s with 6 inch lift with no problem drives great!

Looking into this setup. What did your fuel mileage drop to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
                              Found one I liked and I had a question. For guys with 35’s do you feel that the eco boost or 5.0 handle better.
                              An Eco will flat out-run a 5.0.

The 5.0 will not punish you with as big of a MPG drop with the bigger tires.

I LOVE my Eco but every time the boost gauge is in positive manifold pressure MPG goes in the toilet.

Comment

Working...
                              X