Need a new South Padre guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guide I've used for years is no longer fishing and my last couple of opportunities down there have been a little potluck from Parrot Eyes and don't really feel great about who I've used. The only ones I'm considering using are Hector or Rudy.

Does anyone have anyone down there they swear by? I'm down there a couple of times a year and like to fish twice...typically once for big trout and once to fill the boat for a family feast. All bay...no deep sea.

If you don't want to give away your guide's details on the web, shoot me a PM.
    Thanks!

In the same "boat". Guide I used to use no longer guides. Been researching this for a month or 2 and can't seem to make a decision. Same area also so I will be interested to hear what everyone has to say.

Comment

I'll be down there Father's Day weekend if anyone's got their own boat and wants to get after it.

Comment

Only guy I use.....

Comment

I think he's only in Port A. I need South Padre. I'm willing to go out of White Sands, Port Isabel, etc.
          In my experience, Jim's Pier is still a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehunts View Post
            I think he's only in Port A. I need South Padre. I'm willing to go out of White Sands, Port Isabel, etc.
            In my experience, Jim's Pier is still a disaster.
            I have always went out of either White Sands or the small ramp up in Laguna Vista with guides. The island just has always had a different feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
              I have always went out of either White Sands or the small ramp up in Laguna Vista with guides. The island just has always had a different feel to it.

I’ve also gone out of Laguna Vista. Hoping someone on here has a jewel up their sleeve...

Comment

I've fished with Dale Fridy, and he was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehunts View Post
                  I’ve also gone out of Laguna Vista. Hoping someone on here has a jewel up their sleeve...
                  Amen to that!!!!

Comment

Clayton Mock

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                      I see Clayton or Skipper Mock mentioned quite a bit on 2cool

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                        I see Clayton or Skipper Mock mentioned quite a bit on 2cool
                        They're great guys and will put you on the fish.

My wife and I know Clayton pretty well. My wife has been friends with him for a long time.

Comment

Forgot I had this thread saved from last year.

Comment

Ive been down here since the mid 80s. Skipper Mock my number one choice. Vere Wells would be my second choice.

Comment

Joseph Prado is really good. He normally docks out of Arroyo City but he guides in South Padre as well. He will put you on some fish. Look him up on facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X