Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any bird hunting opportunities for an active duty Army NCO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any bird hunting opportunities for an active duty Army NCO?

So I volunteer with the local recruiters here in Lubbock as they don't have an officer up here and need me for some recruiting duties and paperwork that requires a officer for swearing in etc...

One of the NCO's was talking to me about looking for a bird hunting opportunity somewhere near lubbock. I have limited time in residency and will be leaving for active duty myself in a month.

Does anybody out there have the time/opportunity to take this soldier on a hunt? I'd love to hook him up. These recruiters make me proud to be in the Army. They are first class and solid individuals...and I've seen a lot of NCO's and these guys are the best I've ever served with.

Please let me know or send me a PM.

Go Army! And thanks for your consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, if I was in that area I would

Comment

I've got one place near Sweetwater and the birds have moved on from that place. Our other place that I deer hunt, we don't have any dove there that provides any real hunting.

Comment

There are some guides up there that do pigeon hunts. You can burn through 4-5 boxes of shells quick. And the hunts are cheap

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
          There are some guides up there that do pigeon hunts. You can burn through 4-5 boxes of shells quick. And the hunts are cheap

Any links/recommendations? I'd be willing to check the cost and pay for it possibly for these guys- I think really there is only 1. The other two NCO's I don't think have a hunting interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            Any links/recommendations? I'd be willing to check the cost and pay for it possibly for these guys- I think really there is only 1. The other two NCO's I don't think have a hunting interest.

Sea to sky outfitters would be my first recommendation. Johnny is a great guy. Black foot guide service is another. I think it was like $100 a day or afternoon.

Comment

I would gladly pay for his hunt if you find something! THANK All of you for your service!

Comment

Experience premier guided waterfowl hunting in the Texas Panhandle with Sea to Sky Outfitters. Your destination for exceptional hunting.

Comment

Blackfoot seems to have gone up a little on their prices. But ours was packaged with a goose hunt. I’d still try sea to sky first. Tell them what you’re trying to do as far as getting a service guy out in the field. They may be willing to work something out as far as cutting the price. I’ll ask the guy that owns sea to sky for you.

Comment

Just messaged Orin at sea to sky. They are still up in Canada chasing ducks and geese.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      I would gladly pay for his hunt if you find something! THANK All of you for your service!
                      I appreciate it. I will help cover the price, I don't want to feel like Im pawning this on anybody but I do appreciate everybody.

Comment

Pm coming.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          Just messaged Orin at sea to sky. They are still up in Canada chasing ducks and geese.

No worries. We will find something. Even if somebody just wants to take him on a late season dove hunt. It doesn't need to be commercial, just some field time.

Thanks for checking with those guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Pm coming.
                            Will check my inbox. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah for sure. I’ve never done the pigeon hunt but if you can find someone then do it if nothing else. My cousin has done it and it’s a blast when they are in thick

Comment

Working...
                              X