• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
    True story

Meat Beater guy-heck of a deal on the freezer and meat

Neighbor-na, i'm good man freezers full

Meat Beater guy-really? Mind if we go in and look?

Neighbor-mind if I stick my foot in your *****?

Meat Beater guy rides off into the sunset.

Had one pull the same thing with me but it was shrimp. He then dug into his ice chest and thurst a handful of beeeeautiful pink shrimp my way. Told him he’d have better luck west of San Antone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They came by when I worked in Denton. Same story, offer up the freezer and all.
      Boss and I have a system for dealing with them.
      I had them drag everything out and show me and I was haggling and acting like I was gonna buy it all. I even asked about buying the truck and everything. Then the Boss pops out and tells them to get lost. They get pretty ticked off, but boss open carries, so they dont argue too much lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
        Once a year the shady guys that sells meat of of the back of their trucks comes by. I go outside and he is giving my mother who I live by the whole sales pitch. I walk up and low and behold they are trying to sell the entire freezer now. Scam is they talk you into buying the freezer for a decent price because (random excuse here) but since they have all the meat in it you have to buy all that too.

So now we are going to have people coming home to find out their spouses not only bought crappy overpriced meat they bought the whole freezer too.

LOL
        Wait until they scam your mom with the extra asphalt they have!

Comment

So what kind of meat are they selling if it's that bad? Are they buying expired or bad meat and then selling it? Any clue where they get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
            True story

Meat Beater guy-heck of a deal on the freezer and meat
            Neighbor-na, i'm good man freezers full
            Meat Beater guy-really? Mind if we go in and look?
            Neighbor-mind if I stick my foot in your *****?
            Meat Beater guy rides off into the sunset.
            That's maddening. I told a beggar I didn't carry cash once and he told me to show him my wallet.

Comment

I live on a dead end road off the beating path and one of those meat trucks came once... I said. "Look around, there is beef in those pastures, hogs to hunt and deer. Why would I need your meat?" He had nothing to say and drove off.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                So what kind of meat are they selling if it's that bad? Are they buying expired or bad meat and then selling it? Any clue where they get it from?
                Thats what Im wondering? Where is the meat coming from that its that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  That's maddening. I told a beggar I didn't carry cash once and he told me to show him my wallet.
                  I had given some quarters to a beggar once and that sob basically dove into my truck while saying I know you have more in here. He basically met the ole 1911 face to face, he couldn’t get gone fast enough lol. He was so broke but yet he was smoking a cigarette lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Thats what Im wondering? Where is the meat coming from that its that bad?
                    McDonalds

Comment

What size cows are they butchering to get all those tiny steaks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        What size cows are they butchering to get all those tiny steaks?

They ain't cows...

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                          I had something similar happening. I went to subway with two friends, but didn't bring my wallet because I wasn't hungry. Some guy comes in, zooms in on me, and starts asking for money. I tell him straight up I don't have my wallet, hence, why I'm the only person in the place not eating. Not believing me, he just keeps on until I pull out my pockets like "see? Not a dime on me". Then he gets UPSET: "Why you gotta be like that man?"

Sigh

Comment

Sounds like an "I Love Lucy" episode.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              When I lived in Greenville they would come through randomly. Same ole pitch “this is my last stop and I’m almost sold out so I’ll cut you a deal”. They claimed to be from Arlington. That was a long drive & that’s back when Gas was $3+ per gallon. Always sketchy to me they would make that commute to sell meat? Like they couldn’t find a more local customer base in DFW metroplex
                              they set up out front Attwoods, or on the corner across from walgreens,, 2 for 1 steaks...same ol'stuff,, last meat, great deal. blah,blah,blah... but we have achoice, to say no.. kinda like the asphalt driveway guys ,, left over load, yada,yada,yada

Comment

I had one come up to my house and this is how it went.

Meat Guy: Sales pitch........
                                Me: Can you show me your permits issued by the Harris County Health Dept.
                                Meat Guy: Yeah.....shows me expired permits from the City of Houston>
                                Me: Let me go get my ticket book......I walk off.
                                Meat Guy: Hops in truck and speed out of neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X