Critique my figure 6 hog trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Honestly I can't see it good enough to critique it. There is another figure 6 thread with a good diagram on it. A true figure 6 trap doesn't have a trigger.
    Ya sorry again for the pic size.

Here is the thread AC is reffering to

Sambos bread is what got me off my butt to make this.

Comment

They work very well. I've used them for several years.

Comment

my experience with chain link is that smaller hogs will push out under it and a big boar will tear it up and get out.

I saw a 225# boar blast a HOLE thru some 11 1/2 ga chainlink fence one day. Had to run him down and kill him.

Comment

I don't think you need a trigger but if set up correctly, it shouldn't hurt you. If it doesn't trigger for whatever reason, they'll just leave. I would figure out how to get away from having that as a point of failure.

In the thread you posted above, you can see where I'm walking through the opening. That is wired open and the trap corned for a few days before I set it. I'll release that panel to set and the hogs still just push through and the panel closes behind them.

Comment

Chain link will be to weak, shoot hogs from distance before they get excited. Add t posts to chain link and it will work. Everything else should be fine imo

Comment

Working...
            X