How do you spoil yourself???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    Hookers and whiskey 3 nights a week.......HAHA Just kidding.

I spoil myself hunting and horse stuff for my wife and daughter. I enjoy seeing them enjoy what they do. My wife lets me go hunt anytime I want, so that in itself is being spoiled.

Hookers and whiskey!!!!
    That's what I'm talking about

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
      Does anyone else have a hard time spending money on yourself? I spend money on hunting and fishing, but on big things its hard. My old Dodge truck is done. Not worth putting money into anymore. Rebuilt the motor three years ago, but everything else is falling apart. Anyways, I have been looking for a new vehicle. Have found some good deals, but just cant bring myself to pull the trigger. I feel like if I spend that much on a vehicle, some how I'm letting my family down. I have no problem buying the wife a new car every couple of years. Both my boys drive nice trucks that belong to me. Shouldn't I be able to pamper myself???? LOL. I don't know just throwing it out there. I hate spending money.....
      I'm same way, my 1999 F250 finally crapped out on me a month ago so bought a new 2017 F250 and still feel so dam guilty for it.

Comment

What made it even worse a week after I bought it I spent $20,000 on lift tires bumpers headache rack tool boxes gooseneck hitch 12 rigid lights airbags console safe LMAO what an IDIOT!!

Comment

I'll spend money on something reliable vs dumping smaller chunks a few times per year on something that is always breaking down. Buy once, cry once

Comment

Thermal Scope

Comment

I'm terrible about buying nice things or taking vacation, I'm just very content I guess and live a pretty happy life everyday. The past three years I however have had no problems buying new guns.. I like em a lot and always have!

Comment

Does anyone else have a hard time spending money on yourself? I spend money on hunting and fishing, but on big things its hard. My old Dodge truck is done. Not worth putting money into anymore. Rebuilt the motor three years ago, but everything else is falling apart. Anyways, I have been looking for a new vehicle. Have found some good deals, but just cant bring myself to pull the trigger. I feel like if I spend that much on a vehicle, some how I'm letting my family down. I have no problem buying the wife a new car every couple of years. Both my boys drive nice trucks that belong to me. Shouldn't I be able to pamper myself???? LOL. I don't know just throwing it out there. I hate spending money.....
                Buy the truck. I do a lot of fishing and hunting trip.

Comment

From a non family perspective i have no problems spending my money. Wife and i dont have kids and never will. We live below our means yet have things too. She gets a new vehicle every 1.5 to 2 years right now. That will stop after the next one but it is what it is. I have had 3 new trucks since 2012. My current truck i want to be buried in so ill have that forever. Right now im looking for a nice commuter car for myself as im working downtown now and dont need the truck.

But with all this i still have other bills and whatnot. So i feel that if all my bills are paid and my savings is going up then i spend what i want and where. I will go without to make sure my wife has it before i do though. She grew up poor with a single mother and i try to give her the world now. Makes me happy to be able to give her things now she wanted during her childhood.....like a 4wheeler or her wrangler.

Remember its just money. It comes and goes and the harder you work the more youll make.

One thing is for certain and you can ask any dead person.....you cant take it wth ya.

Now if i had children i can totally see how its them before me.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    A good pair of flip-flops. .....I'm not talking about the Walmart $1.00 kind.

I'll jump up in the $5-$10 range. It only cost a little more to go first class!
                    My hero !

Comment

I bought a new pair of work boots for the first time in 3 years the other day. My old pair had metal showing on the toes and no tread at all. That's more of a need though....my feet were hurtin.

I'll buy a new gun every now and then. But that's about it. Dents in my truck don't get fixed or any unnecessary things like that. I get the goody out of everything I have before I consider buying anything new. Always have been that way. Probably always will be.

Comment

I'll play golf at a nice course once or twice a year.
                        And a new gun every couple of years
                        But my Tahoe has 160k miles and no plans to get a new ride for a while.

Comment

I bought my wife the house she wants and the car she wants. Also her dog she just had to have. Besides normal household bills, those are the only bills I have. The kids, well, momma goes above and beyond for birthdays and Christmas. I'm the only one in the house working. If I want it and can afford it, I get it.

Comment

I guess that's kinda the issue. I would rather my play money go to something I love to do. Driving in Houston sucks. Ive been keeping my truck together, but died on hwy 59 during rush hour last week. luckily I got it started, but ticked me off. Every time I take it in, its another $300 dollars. Its due a smog inspection and dang check engine light came on again. Front end all needs to be replaced. Shakes like its coming apart if I have to slam on the brakes. Which in Houston happens about every day. Maybe ill just buy a motorcycle and work on the truck for rainy days.
                            Are you sure the rotor just isn't warped? I had the same issue when applying brakes, but knew my rotor was messed up. Once fixed, now she brakes smoothly again.

Comment

I'll drop $2-$300 on hunting boots or winter gear that I'll wear a few times a year without thinking twice, but i'll scoff at spending $100 on new work shoes or clothes that I'll wear every day.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                                I'll drop $2-$300 on hunting boots or winter gear that I'll wear a few times a year without thinking twice, but i'll scoff at spending $100 on new work shoes or clothes that I'll wear every day.
                                Yep!

Comment

Working...
                                X