• Show
Clear All

Thoughts on age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree 5yr old from those pics
      Nice buck!

Comment

Not a big enough body for me to think he's that old. Tough angles to age. I'm guessing 4.5 but would like more pictures to be sure.

Good buck either way.

Comment

Tough angles but either a 5 yr old that has already been puting a lot of miles in looking for does or a 4 yr old

Comment

My gut reaction was 7 or 8. The neck looks huge, but his body is way too small for his neck like he's declining in old age. On my lease, I drop the hammer even if he's only 4 or 5.

LWD

Comment

Looks to be at least 5.5 to me. I think he's older than that

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                My gut reaction was 7 or 8. The neck looks huge, but his body is way too small for his neck like he's declining in old age. On my lease, I drop the hammer even if he's only 4 or 5.

LWD
                Good observation. His neck and head do look too big for his body. He also appears to be scarred up. He could be very old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Good observation. His neck and head do look too big for his body. He also appears to be scarred up. He could be very old.
                  Good point on the scars. I missed those the first time.

LWD

Comment

His small hindquarters make me think 7+. Maybe starting to decline in muscle tone.

Comment

Looks to healthy and sound to be post mature imo.. Just been runnin doe hard and eating less latly

Comment

4-5-6

Comment

Need to observe on this one. Too hard to tell from pics.

Comment

I'm going to guess 6ish. I would bet a month or so ago, he looked like a beast but now he is rutted down pretty good, probably lost a lot of weight and his hocks are almost black! A 3 year old buck probably won't have hocks that dark.

Just my guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
                              I'm going to guess 6ish. I would bet a month or so ago, he looked like a beast but now he is rutted down pretty good, probably lost a lot of weight and his hocks are almost black! A 3 year old buck probably won't have hocks that dark.

Just my guess!
                              Exactly what I was gonna say. Rutted out 6.5 year old.

Comment

Working...
                              X