Cottonseed San Angelo area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed San Angelo area

Does anyone know of a place that still has any? I'd like to buy one last pickup bed load to fill our baskets before the bucks shed velvet.

Cape and Sons

Comment

Rowena still had some as of 3 weeks ago. Just west of Ballinger on Hwy 67

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
        Cape and Sons
        Just called. They said the closest place they could load me up was sweetwater.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodes520 View Post
          Rowena still had some as of 3 weeks ago. Just west of Ballinger on Hwy 67
          Just got off the phone with them. $270 a ton. Not a bad price for this time of year. That's where I'll be heading

Comment

Originally posted by TxHuntFish View Post
            Just got off the phone with them. $270 a ton. Not a bad price for this time of year. That's where I'll be heading
            Yea it's only $10 more than I payed in May

Comment

Originally posted by TxHuntFish View Post
              We contract out 15 tons a year with him and get a little better price, but he is allows the cheapest place around Angelo when we call around in December. He makes cottonseed pellet that's pretty good as well.

Comment

We contract out 15 tons a year with him and get a little better price, but he is allows the cheapest place around Angelo when we call around in December. He makes cottonseed pellet that's pretty good as well.
                Usually better than Wall COOP also? That's where I got mine at $260 until it was all gone

Comment

I might buy a few bags of the pellets to help weigh down the tarp that I'll be throwing over the cottonseed. Our deer love it, so I'm sure they'll eat it in pelleted form out of a protein feeder as well.
                  Last edited by TxHuntFish; 08-03-2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Usually better than Wall COOP also? That's where I got mine at $260 until it was all gone
                    If memory serves me right, I want to say we contracted at $245 last year and $255 this year. Maybe a little cheaper than that, but it was a little higher this year than last. I figured it would be cheaper this year with as much seed as he had.

Comment

We always have Cape and Sons ship it to us in 10 ton loads....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                        We always have Cape and Sons ship it to us in 10 ton loads....
                        How much?

Comment

What is that pellet price per bag? Anything else in it or strictly a cottonseed pellet?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            What is that pellet price per bag? Anything else in it or strictly a cottonseed pellet?
                            Strictly cottonseed. It is great stuff but I recommend mixing with regular protein pellets. It still has alot of lint and the pellets aren't quite as tightly formed as regular so we sometimes had flow problems. Honestly tho your are about as well off just feeding cottonseed. For a little extra $ he adds a mineral pack to it. Good dude to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Strictly cottonseed. It is great stuff but I recommend mixing with regular protein pellets. It still has alot of lint and the pellets aren't quite as tightly formed as regular so we sometimes had flow problems. Honestly tho your are about as well off just feeding cottonseed. For a little extra $ he adds a mineral pack to it. Good dude to deal with.
                              Cottonseed is just such a PIA to deal with! Im too lazy in the summer I guess. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X