Hay bale blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay bale blind

The base is made out of 1 1/4 by 1/8 angle 4 pieces 6' long 4' apart.Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	24754464You need a panel 6' tall and16' wide so I rip one long waysand weld to a full panel to make 6'.then bow the panel and stand it in the base.tie it in place with wire so you can move it as you put the ends in place.Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24754465Cut a panel in half for the ends and weld them in place at each end.You will need to have someone pull down on the round panel while you connect the end because it is egg shaped instead of round.I heat the individual rods and bend them around the other panel to hold them together.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	24754473[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Here is a pic of the ends that are bent aroundthen cut the windows out.I framed the widow openings with 3/8 rod.Then heated and bent the panel rod around them.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 14.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24754475[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Then cut door out of one end.I framed the door with 3/8 rod.You will want to hinge the windows and door 1" out from the walls to allow for the hay that will be between the door and wall.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 17.jpg
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	24754478[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Iframed the doors and windows 1" wider all the way around so they would make a good seal[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 20.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	24754481[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I tarp the blind and z-tie it in place.then cut the windows out and z-tie them.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	hay bale 23.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	24754484[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I hope to put the hay on this week and I will post more pics then.
    Attached Files

Nice very Nice!!!

Comment

that blind looks really cool.. good job

Comment

Sorry i didn't get it posted right.i will try to do better when i post the rest of them.

Comment

i think these are really cool the best ive seen accually had hay as the covering.

Comment

strong work

Comment

It will have hay on it when it is finished.hopefully this week

Comment

When can i come pick it up? J/K it looks good

Comment

thats cool,hope the cows dont eat off all your hay

Comment

Cool, like said above I hope there arent any cows around!

Comment

That looks like it will work. Thought about biulding me one like that.I need a new ground blind

Comment

Totally cool! Great idea & informative build-along!
                        Thx fer sharin!

Comment

Oscoela, you are the man! Now that it a DYI at it's finest. Thank you for the pics and tips. That was everything I was looking for and then some. Will you use some type of spray epoxy to attach the hay? Also, could you list some measurements (ie. ht, wdth, diameter at widest, ht of windows) and such? Thanks agian for the time and effort in doing this for us!
                          Letney

Comment

Sturdy

Man that looks sturdy. Great job. Should last a very longtime. Ive seen haybale blinds made from that rigid black pipe with connectors, much lighter and more portable. Basically black pipe ran in a circle on the ends with black pipe ran across for on horizontals with "T" connectors. Check duck and goose hunting forums for concealment. No one, I mean no one, does camo better than duck and goose hunters. Its been said that a man in an airplane at 200ft can see a guy on the ground smoking. A duck or goose at 200ft can tell you what brand he is smoking. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Very nice work David! Looks great, just what I needed, another project.

Comment

Working...
                              X