Doubled Down in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubled Down in Kansas

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about the deer my wife killed on our lease in Kansas. Well, two weeks before she killed that deer she shot another buck from the same stand but unfortunately he ducked and she hit him high and the shot was not fatal. We knew for sure he had not died when this past weekend we had pictures of him on one of our game cameras. Well, the buck known as "Hook" ( last year he had a 3-4" long hook behind his right main beam) made the fatal mistake of showing back up at the same setup where she had shot him and he had an encounter with a Grim Reaper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0180 (3).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	24877861

We rough-scored him at over 156" and his bases were both 6-1/2"

There has been alot of history with this buck and the one Marque over the last 4 years. We feel blessed to have an opportunity to hunt them and eventually kill them this year. I will try to add some of the story and game camera pics that we have on them later but wanted to at least post this much for now. We are headed back soon to spend some time with our other lease members and friends and try to take some doe off of our place. The pictures below are just a reminder of her buck and one of the game cam pics we have from this year that mean alot to us.

Name:	DSCN0174 - Copy.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	24877864

Name:	tn.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24877865

Kinda cool to have a game cam pic with both deer in it and it's really cool to kill the deer my wife shot just a few weeks before.

congrats

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Those are some toads

Comment

Awesome deal there. Congrats to the both of you on a great season.

Comment

Cool story and great deer. Congrats!!

I will be back in Kansas after thanksgiving to go after "my" big 9!

Comment

Great buck....Congrats on the Kansas beast!

Comment

May i ask what unit your hunting

Comment

Congrats, incredible deer. Awesome photo of both beasts in the same pic.

Comment

Congrats to both of you! Beautiful bucks!

Comment

Awesome deer! Congrats to you both! Those guys look like cattle in that game camera pics, huge bodies

Comment

Nice work. Huge bodied deer. Don't look like they've missed a meal since birth!

HG

Comment

Congratulations to both of you. Beautiful bucks.

Comment

Wow man, those things are monsters! Just the body alone is impressive. Looks like a whole new animal. Where are the ribs on those things?

Comment

Working...
                              X