Memphis Tennessee BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Tennessee BBQ

About to make a drive through Memphis next week. What establishments have the best bbq? Thanks

Central BBQ is really good. Get the pork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want “dry rub”, try the Rendezvous. Might try the Commissary also.

Comment

Porky's all the way. Memphis dry rub ribs... they ll even overnight you some! Excellent reviews. I've eaten at the one in memphis and the one in pigeon forge tn. Good stuff

Comment

I was born in Memphis and my entire family lives there now. Every time I visit, I go to Germantown Commissary. A lot of folks like corkys, but its been too mainstreamed for my liking nowadays. Rendezvous is also good. I bring bottles of their seasoning home and use it on everything. If you feel like being adventurous, try Interstate BBQ. The original location is the best but not in a great part of town.

if you can only pick one, Germantown Commissary.

Comment

Don't get your hopes up. It's not that great.

The Rendevous is a cool place and an overall fun experience. They serve fries and pork n beans with the ribs.

Porkys is more like a restaurant than a BBQ joint. Think Bone Daddys without the girls or County Line.

Find a small shack on the black side of town for the best pulled pork sandwiches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stephens6 View Post
              I was born in Memphis and my entire family lives there now. Every time I visit, I go to Germantown Commissary. A lot of folks like corkys, but its been too mainstreamed for my liking nowadays. Rendezvous is also good. I bring bottles of their seasoning home and use it on everything. If you feel like being adventurous, try Interstate BBQ. The original location is the best but not in a great part of town.

if you can only pick one, Germantown Commissary.
              Agreed on the Commissary in Germantown. Corkys was just ok. Would not return to Rendezvous.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Don't get your hopes up. It's not that great.

The Rendevous is a cool place and an overall fun experience. They serve fries and pork n beans with the ribs.

Porkys is more like a restaurant than a BBQ joint. Think Bone Daddys without the girls or County Line.

Find a small shack on the black side of town for the best pulled pork sandwiches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                True dat

Comment

I skip the dry rub BBQ and try some delicious Soul/Cajun cooking

Comment

Originally posted by stephens6 View Post
                    If you feel like being adventurous, try Interstate BBQ. The original location is the best but not in a great part of town.
                    One time I was in Memphis, I ate here. It was good, but different. Not sure what to think of BBQ spaghetti.

If I remember right, it wasn’t too far from Graceland.
                    Last edited by Greenheadless; 11-24-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks we have been to Corky’s and really enjoyed it. Stephens6 we will try your advice and try Germantown. Thanks again.

Comment

When in Memphis, eat some Gus's Fried Chicken. As far as BBQ goes, just stop by the first Texas gas station you see when returning home to get BBQ better than you'll find in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
                        X