No announcement yet.

Hurricane Season 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to read through the whole thread as I am late to the thread. I know yall don't like the hurricanes but they are what makes Texas. Without the abundance of water Texas just dries up. I own houses on the Gulf Coast region as well as one on the water. The last thing I want is to get flooded or even worse. But taking a good hard honest look, we have to have them.

I hunted flooded timber on the Navasota last year for the first time in near a decade. It was out of its banks for near a week. The ground water is so depleted, the ponds that were flooded over during this last year are now bone dry. Before they never dried. Our ground water is so severely depleted we must have a good amount of rain spread out over a long period of time and a hurricane on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
      I am not going to read through the whole thread as I am late to the thread. I know yall don't like the hurricanes but they are what makes Texas. Without the abundance of water Texas just dries up. I own houses on the Gulf Coast region as well as one on the water. The last thing I want is to get flooded or even worse. But taking a good hard honest look, we have to have them.

I hunted flooded timber on the Navasota last year for the first time in near a decade. It was out of its banks for near a week. The ground water is so depleted, the ponds that were flooded over during this last year are now bone dry. Before they never dried. Our ground water is so severely depleted we must have a good amount of rain spread out over a long period of time and a hurricane on top of that.
      A hurricane won't get you that. You want a good slow moving depression that dumps a bunch of rain over a slow period of time and moves across the entire state. Anything else just runs off and dumps into the gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
        A hurricane won't get you that. You want a good slow moving depression that dumps a bunch of rain over a slow period of time and moves across the entire state. Anything else just runs off and dumps into the gulf.
        Yep a good depression is what gets this done. Hurricanes just tear **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
          a good slow moving subtropical system out of the Pacific/Gulf of California will get it too and usually bring 0 damage

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Danny is long gone, but we now have TS Erika. Looks like it may be a danger to Florida. Any thoughts?
            Heading out tomorrow to a conference in Orlando that runs through Tuesday. I'll look South when I get there and let you know if its going to the left or right. There was a forecast a couple of days ago that showed it heading to the Atlantic and I hope they are right.

Comment

Well it looks like I may be heading right into it. Just hope it gets to the mountains and weakens. Heading out the door to Jacksonville and then on to Orlando on Saturday.

Bonesplitter, do you have an opinion on whether it might weaken or breakup before getting to Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by 15ncs View Post
                Well it looks like I may be heading right into it. Just hope it gets to the mountains and weakens. Heading out the door to Jacksonville and then on to Orlando on Saturday.

Bonesplitter, do you have an opinion on whether it might weaken or breakup before getting o Florida?
                I'm betting a pretty decently strong system IF it does hit Florida. Models are still flipping around. I would be prepared just in case.

Bonesplitter, do you have an opinion on whether it might weaken or breakup before getting to Florida?

Comment

I took a look at some more model runs. This thing has a pretty wide spread. I think anything still possible at this point. Gonna take a couple more days to see what is the most likely scenario

Comment

dominica flooding......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0fm2OsI8c

Comment

Where are the mountains in Fl? This place is just one big sand bar

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                        Where are the mountains in Fl? This place is just one big sand bar
                        He means the mountainous carribean islands that it will have to Passover to make it to florida

Comment

Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.

Comment

TBH weathermen anything new on this in your opinions? From what I'm seeing and reading looks like it keeps moving west and hasn't made that right turn they been saying it will. Could if miss the DR and eventually end up in the gulf?

Comment

...just in time for dove season opener!

Comment

Is this thing going to end up in the Gulf or what? Models keep shifting west as this thing isn't turning.

Comment

Working...
                                X