Best mpg 1/2 ton truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DH2000 View Post
    I would have to personally see this to believe it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    How about with a 9000 lb load and a 6% uphill gread?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

my 5.3 chevy gets 20 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
        my 5.3 chevy gets 20 mpg
        Mine too!

Comment

I must be doing something wrong. I have a 2007 gmc crew cab z71 and struggle to get much more than 17 highway mpg. I have the 5.3 also.

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
            my 5.3 chevy gets 20 mpg
            So does my wife's, but mine only gets 14.5. But, mine is the old 4 speed and 4wd and hers has the new 6 speed transmission and is 2wd. I love the combo of the 5.3 and the 6 speed automatic.

YOu may also want to concider the warranty on each vehicle. The EcoBoost may be a great engine, but its also relatively new technology compared to the Vortec 5.3 and the Hemi 5.7. Also, GM and Ram both offera 100K mile powertrain warranty whereas Ford only offers a 75K mile.

Other things to think about is cab configuration, axel gearing, 2wd or 4wd, etc. Different combinations may be more efficient in different configurations. It all depends on what options each manufacturer offers in conjuction to one another.

Just something to think about.

Comment

Working...
            X