First Compound Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Compound Bow

Howdy everyone, I've shot a Bear Super Kodiak recurve for a few years now but after shooting my little brothers new Diamond Infinite Edge I decided to also grab a compound. This is my first compound bow and I'm pretty excited.

This is a Mission Ballistic 55lb 26.5" draw.
    Carbon Express Mutiny 350s
    NAP rest
    Truglo lighted 4 pin sight
    Truglo loc dwn quiver

The arrows shot aren't the carbon express's yet. I will shoot them for the first time tomorrow. The ones shot are Beman Hunters and Beman classics at 20 yards. I'll get to sight in my 30 and 40yrd pin this weekend. I also plan on upgrading some of the stuff on the bow like replacing the rest with a QAD drop down. Might keep the sights and just remove one of the pins. I'm also using Grizzly broadheads which my brother broke on a big boar so those have to change as well.

Just curious as to what ya'll think.

Looks like a nice set up! Welcome to the world of bows with wheels!

Comment

Ty. I also forgot to mention I have a wooden grip being delivered to the bow shop along with my 26" mod that would be a more comfortable draw. I almost went with the mission Venture but they didn't carry it. All my experience has been with dual cam bows, I haven't shot a solo cam yet.

Comment

That's a great first rig!!! Use it, abuse it, learn your technique n then fall in love with bow hunting ..... Then you can fork over a grand on a premium bow

Comment

Man that bow will kill for the rest of your life. Mission bows go to show that you don't need a deep pocket to kill animals. Congrats on the bow now run some carbon in somethin. Btw mutinys are great arrows!

Comment

Originally posted by bucsfan69 View Post
            That's a great first rig!!! Use it, abuse it, learn your technique n then fall in love with bow hunting ..... Then you can fork over a grand on a premium bow
            Or you could just kill every deer in your kill zone with it, for as long as you like . I still use a 10 year old reflex bow .It may not look like much, but it drives arrows through deer like a hot knife through butter. By the looks of your target it is very accurate. Looks super nice to me, maybe I will buy one like that after I shoot another half dozen deer, or the old reflex gives up.

Comment

nice bow i test shot the blaze and this one is very similar and the price point is great.

Comment

Just put money down to hold for my first bow, now I can't decide black or camouflage

Comment

NIce bow

Comment

congrats on the bow! Can't go wrong with it, except 55 pounds with a 26.5 inch draw? Are you sure 350's aren't way too stiff? I'm thinking 250's would be slightly stiff. When I shot CX with a 55 / 27, I shot the 150's.

Comment

I cranked it up to 65lbs and it was shooting well but after a dozen or so shots my shoulder gets a little sore. It's currently at 60lbs but not shooting broadheads well. Going to try a few mechanicals I guess. Might get some help from the bow shop and try to find some arrows and broadheads that shoot well and leave the 350's to target practice.

Comment

nice bow....

Comment

nice rig man

Comment

Also got the wood grip for it. It came in the other day. Has a very nice feel. I put monkey tails on it as well, very quiet now.

Comment

Look up the Easton broadhead tuning chart. That will get your broad heads flying right. Very simple to follow

Comment

Working...
                              X