Nissan Titan XD Cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
    never go by complaints on a web forum. its only people who are unhappy with whatever. people have no issues don't register on forums and complain. the truck has a cummins engine and thats all you need to know. Nissan went with a tried and true manufacturer to put into their truck. Without having that Cummins in it no one would want it.

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Wander how that chassis and body would hold up to everyday farm truck life towing a hay trailer or 20 gooseneck cattle trailer

Comment

Originally posted by RPB View Post
        Wander how that chassis and body would hold up to everyday farm truck life towing a hay trailer or 20 gooseneck cattle trailer

I’m curious about that also. The only thing I didn’t like is that it sat a little low for a 4wd. Would need a leveling kit IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went back to the dealer and traded my F-250 in. No real good excuses other than I wanted one and this post really pushed me over the edge . I got the SL with the factory GN hitch, brakes etc. Truck had 6 miles on it when I test drove it. Headed to SA tomorrow with my little cargo trailer to pick up some stuff from TBH'r orlybow.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            I went back to the dealer and traded my F-250 in. No real good excuses other than I wanted one and this post really pushed me over the edge . I got the SL with the factory GN hitch, brakes etc. Truck had 6 miles on it when I test drove it. Headed to SA tomorrow with my little cargo trailer to pick up some stuff from TBH'r orlybow.

Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post

Nice! Let us know how you like it over time. I’m a couple months out from a purchase. Went and drove a dodge 3/4 ton with a hemi and a mega cab with a Cummins today. Seriously considering mega cab as a option also.

Comment

Do any of you guys know how big of tires these will run with a leveling kit?

Comment

Looking at buying a Titan XD with all the options. 6" lift kit. $55K sound right? I was hoping more in the upper $40 range. $62K then rebates and fees it settled at $55.

Comment

I've has mine for right at 1 year. I really like the truck so far.

Comment

That's a nice set up

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                        Looking at buying a Titan XD with all the options. 6" lift kit. $55K sound right? I was hoping more in the upper $40 range. $62K then rebates and fees it settled at $55.

I bought a new Cummins a few years ago and really didn't think about the price. Now that I bought a F240 for 24k I Can't imagine paying all that for a truck.

Comment

Really thinking hard about getting a Titan with a diesel. Any emissions problems with these trucks like the Dodge and Fords? Also, does the transmission shift really smooth? Think I read in an article where the transmissions are not all that great. Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Really thinking hard about getting a Titan with a diesel. Any emissions problems with these trucks like the Dodge and Fords? Also, does the transmission shift really smooth? Think I read in an article where the transmissions are not all that great. Any input would be appreciated.

If you’re on Facebook, join the Nissan Titan XD Cummins Forum. There is a lot of bs, but you can find out what problems people are having.

From what I’ve gathered, the 16’s has the most issues, a few less in 17’s, and less in 18’s. The latter could be because they haven’t been out as long. Some people complain about how the transmission shifts, and some people love it. It seems like people say a 20K oil change to a synthetic oil helps that. Seems like some people have emissions issues, and some don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              My 18' I just got has right 1000 miles so I don't have much experience yet. I have read the complaints about how the tranny shifts but I am not sure why. To me it shifts fine, it does down shift when slowing down and from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 it shifts a little hard. In many ways it reminds me of the Allison tranny's in the F-650's we have at work. My heaviest load so far is a 98 suburban on bumper pull car hauler, so probably 6500 lbs total with the trailer. I have zero complaints on how the tranny shifted and how the truck handled that weight. I was actually impressed with the Titan as it did not squat much at all compared to my F250. In all fairness though, the F-250 was 5 years old and pulled many a heavy trailer so I imagine the springs were a little worn.

Comment

Well pulled the trigger on a new lifted xd diesal. My first Diesal so hope all goes well. However, I want to give a major recommendation to Seth at Loving Nissan in Lufkin. I am 3 hrs away in Dallas and though I didn't get the truck from him he guided me through the pricing and was able to get what I feel is a great deal on the truck I wanted. He was willing to bring me the truck and all however the free maint. package at the local dealer was the kicker. So anyone looking at a Nissan vehicle it will be well worth the time and effort to call Seth at Loving Nissan for sure. Great guy and wish I could have made it work to drive down there for maint.

Comment

Working...
                                X