Dry Needling...Anyone Had it Performed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    We're getting the same answers on what's going on, but no solutions. Arrosti got to a point where they weren't charging us for treatments as they wanted to figure it out. We're better to some degree, but this has been going on since November.

Thanks for the feedback...keep it coming.
    Were the Arrosti folks thinking lower crossed syndrome?

I have upper crossed syndrome dry needling did not help.

Comment

Casey,

I have done this. Helped me tremendously. No pain during the procedure that i occurred. Have a problem with nerves and nerve endings. PM me if you would like to discuss .

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Were the Arrosti folks thinking lower crossed syndrome?

I have upper crossed syndrome dry needling did not help.
        No. Chiropractor suggested this and he's the last doc we've seen.

These comments are encouraging. I'll share with him and my wife.

Shane,
        He's doing nothing but what is required in Soccer. This started in club when he was having a MONSTER season. He's into HS now and not playing much due to this.

Comment

It could be an issue similar to what other 1-sport kids run into with repetition and overuse of specific muscles and movements without a balance in their conditioning programs. I've never played soccer, but it seems like a lot of running and kicking would mean a lot of use of the hip flexor and front part of the legs (quads). If he's not working his posterior chain and core at the same time, those muscles might be weaker than the quad and hip flexor muscles he's using all the time. As those active muscles get used and get stronger without strong muscles on the opposite side of the hinge to keep them balanced, they could start drawing up and getting tighter and tighter. Anterior pelvic tilt. Sitting a lot, like during class at school and doing homework, etc. causes APT too. That's one thing that Rusin talks about a lot anyway.

Zach had a similar issue, but with tight hamstrings and weak hip flexors. He's been doing the Rusin program with me for several months, and he isn't having problems with his hamstrings anymore. He's more balanced in his posture now, as a result. He's in college and not playing sports every day anymore either. That's a big reason he's not injured all the time anymore too. But even when we first started working out together, he was still complaining about tight hamstrings and sore knees and everything he was dealing with back in high school. He quit complaining about both of those issues after a couple months in this program. It seems to be a good one.

But a high school kid who's involved in sports and everything else doesn't have much time for an additional workout program, usually. If they're not working in a good balance in their program at school, it's tough. We faced similar issues with Zach. Lots of trips to the doc and PT and chiropractor, etc... Glad that's over.
          Last edited by Shane; 03-27-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I too think its a muscle imbalance see below.

"The lower crossed syndrome is characterized by specific patterns of muscle weakness and tightness that cross between the dorsal and the ventral sides of the body. In LCS there is overactivity and hence tightness of hip flexors and lumbar extensors."

The Pelvic Cross Syndrome is defined as an abnormal adapted posture of the lower back. It is also known as lower cross syndrome. This results from muscle

Mine is in the upper back/chest its caused alot of pain from just sitting in front of a computer all day. I could not sit and watch TV even pillows hurt my back and the pain would radiate into my chest. I took all kinds of pills, dry needling, acupuncture, and even had a nerve block nothing worked and DR was clueless. After praying to God to please help me. Out of nowhere I was told by a friend to try Arrosti and bingo! They told me about my muscle imbalance and how to correct it and now on my way to recovery.

Good luck Im praying for him.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              I too think its a muscle imbalance see below.

"The lower crossed syndrome is characterized by specific patterns of muscle weakness and tightness that cross between the dorsal and the ventral sides of the body. In LCS there is overactivity and hence tightness of hip flexors and lumbar extensors."

The Pelvic Cross Syndrome is defined as an abnormal adapted posture of the lower back. It is also known as lower cross syndrome. This results from muscle

Mine is in the upper back/chest its caused alot of pain from just sitting in front of a computer all day. I could not sit and watch TV even pillows hurt my back and the pain would radiate into my chest. I took all kinds of pills, dry needling, acupuncture, and even had a nerve block nothing worked and DR was clueless. After praying to God to please help me. Out of nowhere I was told by a friend to try Arrosti and bingo! They told me about my muscle imbalance and how to correct it and now on my way to recovery.

Good luck Im praying for him.

While the names changed, the ultimate consistency was muscle imbalance.

Comment

Working...
              X