Bulgogi (Korean BBQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
    Gochujang is a classic Korean fermented chili and bean paste that can be used in many dishes. This particular gochujang is the #1 Seller in Korea and is very popular and delicious. I use about 1 -2 tablespoons to my teriyaki sauce to give it a different flavor. It's used for everything from soups, marinades, sauces, and lotion for your eye lids if they get dry

The other bottle is probably a korean soy sauce. Oh yeah....Sesame oil. Thats it...
    One of my twins loves Gochujang chicken wings. Funny seeing this get bumped up, wife had bulgogi tacos Sunday at lunch.

Comment

I'm going to have to try this. I used to get bulgogi all the time at the cafeteria at Samsung. I've also seen people with the big fried egg thing, but I'm not a egg person so I never got it.
      I had the Kimchi once. Once.

Comment

We didn't have any sesame oil in the house and the Lowe's Market in Llano does not carry it. They have two different kinds of rice vinegar, but no sesame oil. I'm having to use olive oil.
        I'm sure it will be fine. The real test will be the kids eating it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          We didn't have any sesame oil in the house and the Lowe's Market in Llano does not carry it. They have two different kinds of rice vinegar, but no sesame oil. I'm having to use olive oil.
          I'm sure it will be fine. The real test will be the kids eating it or not.
          You gotta do what you gotta do, but sesame oil provides a pretty strong flavor profile. You can overdo it. I am surprised you didn't find any. Did you just look down the aisle with the oils? It is most likely where all the Asian seasonings are (soy sauce, etc.)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife says use canola oil as it won't impart the olive flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              You gotta do what you gotta do, but sesame oil provides a pretty strong flavor profile. You can overdo it. I am surprised you didn't find any. Did you just look down the aisle with the oils? It is most likely where all the Asian seasonings are (soy sauce, etc.)

Sesame oil is not for oil but for its very distinct flavor. Olive oil (or any other) probably will not hurt the outcome but it will be missing a major taste ingredient, kind of like gumbo without celery and onions.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

I asked the grocery manager and they do not carry sesame oil. It is a pretty small grocery store.
                Also, we ended up not using the grill, but stir-fried it instead. It tasted great but it wasn't the same. My wife was not wanting cooked on the grill; I deferred to her.
                It's a great recipe for meat.

Comment

We have plenty of deer left. My daughter killed one doe and I killed two.
                  I will try this again the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    I asked the grocery manager and they do not carry sesame oil. It is a pretty small grocery store.
                    Also, we ended up not using the grill, but stir-fried it instead. It tasted great but it wasn't the same. My wife was not wanting cooked on the grill; I deferred to her.
                    It's a great recipe for meat.
                    You can stir fry it to. Some restaurants do it that way instead of a grill. I personally prefer the char, but both are good.

Glad you brought this thread back up... when my wife asks what we want for dinner, I'll have a fresh suggestion.

Comment

Buddy made some of this at the ranch and it was good!

Comment

Dang Swamp looks like my house, but Vietnamese here, a little spicier but very close to the same. But how do you still have venison?

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                          But how do you still have venison?
                          I try to diversify our freezer with other things like pork, ram, javi, blackbuck, axis, rabbits, turkey, etc.

Comment

Sure do like some Bulgogi

Comment

Can't wait to try this recipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X