Just a word of warning......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a word of warning......

This time of year I have a few allergy issues with all of the pollen.
    Yesterday was no exception. Last night I was clogged up, sniffling, sneezing, sore throat from drainage, sneezing, sneezing, sneezing......you get the idea.
    This morning I wake up COMPLETELY stopped up with a sinus headache.
    I'm sitting in my recliner trying to get the initiative to get up and do something. My wife is reading an article about bleach vs. Hydrogen peroxide ....one ot those articles talking about how bad chlorine bleach is bad for us and how good hydrogen peroxide is good for us.

Well

She read a part of the article that stated that if you mix 50% water and 50% peroxide and spray it into each nostril, let it sit and bubble for a few minutes then blow your nose, it will clean out your sinuses all while killing what bacteria is there causing any infection.
    Sounds simple enough so ..sure why not, I'm game!!!!

Melissa mixed up her new found cure all and brings it to me with a handful of paper towels to blow my nose.
    I lean the recliner back and she puts the spray bottle to my nose and squeezes. She was quick enough the get 1 spray in each nostril
    Let me tell you a little somethin my friend, instantly some the worst pain I have ever experienced!!!!!
    I fly up out of the chair and screamed loud enough that the dog ****** herself and ran to her kennel. My nose is on fire, my throat is on fire, my ears feel like lava is pouring out of them....frothy bubbles are pouring out of my nose like some kind of rabid animal.
    The past 2-3 seconds seem like an eternity until I can find the paper towels to blow my nose. They fell off of my lap and slid under the coffee table when I exited the the recliner.
    I am now on the floor, throat burning, ears spewing lava, eyes watering, nose bubbling and frothing, but I finally found my paper towels.
    I blow my nose and everything instantly return to normal.

My wife has retreated into the kitchen, afraid to come near me. I look up and smile and tell her "it's cool. It worked, I can breathe and all of the sneezing is gone.
    It's been about and hour and I, or my sinuses, havent felt this good in quite a while

It works fellas........bu you have been warned!!!
    Last edited by K. Lane; 03-10-2019, 10:27 AM.

I have constant sinus / allergy problems. You have my attention, even with the potential pain to endure.

Comment

Haha...thanks for the PSA.

Comment

I think she took the from an article titled, “How to get even with your man in one easy step.”

Comment

1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water also works great for gargling and cankor sores

Comment

Classic. I use a Nedi bottle with salt packets frequently this time of year. Tried some peroxide in it once and that was no fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              Classic. I use a Nedi bottle with salt packets frequently this time of year. Tried some peroxide in it once and that was no fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              10 drops of 3% peroxide in a neti bottle is plenty. I can't imagine what a 50/50 mix would be like. Snorting turpentine, perhaps?

Comment

For a sore throat gargle with vinager [emoji2957]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did all kinds of remedies for years. I finally went and got tested and now in year 2 of shots. I have very little problems now and never take any OTC meds.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    I did all kinds of remedies for years. I finally went and got tested and now in year 2 of shots. I have very little problems now and never take any OTC meds.
                    I've been saying that I need to do the same...just haven't went and done it

Comment

I mixed my own saline solution for the Nedi pot once.........experience was much like you described. After the molten lava left my head and my eyes quit watering I was good to go.

Comment

Little did you know, the wife retreated to the kitchen so you couldn't see her laughing, at least that's what my would do, unless she had the forethought to grab her phone first.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water also works great for gargling and cankor sores
                          Hmmmm i have frequent cankor sores and have tried everything under the sun suppose I’ll try this one too lol

Comment

no video????

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                              no video????
                              Exactly what I thought. Volunteers?

Comment

Working...
                              X