Clear All

Dallas MeatEater Podcast

Just bought tickets.

Who's going?

Feb 28th at the Majestic

Dang I wish it wasn’t a week night I’d go for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you just sit and watch the crew talk? Not trying to sound stupid, I just have not heard of that before but I do listen to the podcast regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
        Do you just sit and watch the crew talk? Not trying to sound stupid, I just have not heard of that before but I do listen to the podcast regularly.

I believe so. They've had a few so far. You can listen to them like any other podcast. Some interaction with the audience too.

Comment

Definitely considering it

Comment

I listen to the podcast every week. Maybe Steve will be a little better informed about Texas after spending some time here. He normally has very little good to say about Texas. His opinions are it seems everything is high fenced and everyone is sitting on pile of corn. I still like listening even though he comes off like a smart ***** yankee once in a while.

Comment

I was looking at ticket prices 2 days ago. I am not sure my health will be up to it. Have fun!

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              I listen to the podcast every week. Maybe Steve will be a little better informed about Texas after spending some time here. He normally has very little good to say about Texas. His opinions are it seems everything is high fenced and everyone is sitting on pile of corn. I still like listening even though he comes off like a smart ***** yankee once in a while.
              Yeah I have heard him say disparaging things about Texas deer hunting before. But he hunted sandhill crane's here on one of his shows and raved about the experience. I also recently read his biography "Meat Eater" book and he did a lot of shady stuff in his youth. So he shouldn't throw out too much judgement haha.
              Last edited by stickbowcoop; 12-22-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

I’ll b going, a buddy of mine bought tickets

Comment

I think his biggest problem with Texas is the lack of public land compared to Western states.

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
                    I’ll b going, a buddy of mine bought tickets

well heck now I need to go just to get a recap on your hunt

Comment

They’ve done a handful of shows in Texas.
                      On a recent podcast, Rinella admittied his ignorance to Texas hunting across the whole region and said they would stop judging the entire state based on stereotypes.
                      With that said, having had the opportunity to hunt in a few states, I can confirm that those stereotypes are held by many.

Comment

Originally posted by eodryan View Post
                        I think his biggest problem with Texas is the lack of public land compared to Western states.
                        You nailed it. He is also a spot and stalk hunter.

Listen to him talk about the misery of some hunts and how the success is so much better after a few days of hard hunting.

Anyone that thinks sitting in a heated blind hunting over corn is on the same level ast hunting elk in idaho is bonkers. Both are hunting but I see where he is coming from.

We bowhunt for the challenge it brings and can be successful doing so.

Comment

His show actually got me to recently buy my first rifle. Always did the out door thing but never had hunting friends or family. Eventually just said oh well and bought a .270. Then I was sad when I found out you have to pay a lot and no public land near me (Abilene) allows rifles.

Comment

A bunch of guys here at work all got tickets. Should be a good evening.

Comment

Originally posted by eodryan View Post
                              Yup

Comment

Working...
                              X