LBJ Gun Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ Gun Opener

I should have stayed home Sat morning...but just couldn't do it.

Me and my brother setup about 100 yds apart or so, only to have 2 other guys come in about 45 mins later. One climbed up a permananent stand 40 yds from my brother, waved, and proceeded to grunt/rattle a storm up. My brother climbed down soon after.
    While that was going on, someone came up about 45yds from me and was making a ton of noise, it sounded like he was setting up a tent or something. Turned out to be a climber stand. I grunted/rattled during that time hoping he'd hear me and move on, but no such luck.

I climbed down and we got out of there...oh well!

We were about a mile in, hoping we would avoid a crowd, but apparently not the only ones willing to do some walking.

My dad saw a small doe on another unit, and a good doe the next day, but he didn't get a tag this year...

I dont have a tag netheir so I will be buck hunting but I think I am on to 3 of them biggest is probably 150 but I got my trail cams setup I aint going huntin at LBJ till end of november I am going to pat mayse nov. 20th and I have 2 cams setup there just went and exchanged them. About to look at pictures and see what I seen.

Comment

Good for you, I've found rubs/scrapes, but no horns spotted yet...

Comment

Well guys if you are hunting LBJ it is looking good for general season and especially those who have drawn a doe tag like myself I got one...!

Something smells fishy in them thar woods, this is cut and paste from another thread since I do not know how to do them quote thingies. I think someone was right that I got an email from.

Comment

Suspicions

Buck-a-Do

Sounds fishy to me too. First thing that popped into my mind when I read the above post. The run on sentences are annoying.

Comment

OK, I'll just come out and ask. Quickstrike, do you or don't you have a doe permit for LBJ? You say you do. Then you say you don't. It can't be both. Quit jacking people around.

Hi Bob!

Comment

I know what i seen i seen too, he said he got a permit the other day. Froggy you work in the office right? I had the pleasure of meeting Chris Cagle Saturday morning. Nice guy I dont think he liked my parking to much though. LOL. I made a last second decision to stop in the parking lot when I saw the map board next to the door. I was parked right up in front of the door which im sure you know is handicap,(WHICH I DID NOT REALIZE UNTILL HE BROUGHT IT TO MY ATTENION<>>< Him and a couple of wardens snuck up on me and my dad looking at the board when they were coming back from lunch. Funny guy, asked me if I had trouble finding a place to park.LMAO.... Havent had a chance to get up there during business hours yet and get a map so hopefully will catch you in the office one these days and get to meet you... However I also have heard several different things on the doe tags. One being that they extras were gonna be handed out on opening day in the parking lots and *some others* saying the just got one in the office by luck.. Then someone posted Friday and said they had handed all of them out already... Im starting to think their is a conspiracy concerning these doe tags lol. Good luck to everyone this year

Comment

i got my doe tag in the mail. by registering before the deadline, and finally being a little lucky.

Comment

I thought I was gonna have a doe tag, NO I did not get the doe tag I tried to get it at the office like my hunting partner did he just went and got a map from LBJ office was talking to a lady and he was just trying to find out what he needed to hunt in LBJ and she gave him a white peice of paper says Anterless Doe Permit General Season Nov. 3rd till whatever the end date is, Has a licenese number on it a signature and his name and stamp. I was gonna go up there and get a new map as well and try to get a doe stamp but I have no time and I am going to Pat Mayse. I probably would have gotten 1, he was gonna go up there with me and since he already had his I was hopefully gonna get one, I really didnt know anything about draw only hunts and permits like that I knew about type2 permits and annual hunting license. Sorry for any confusion but yes my hunting partner got a license from the LBJ office 2 fridays ago.

Comment

Hopefully that clears up any confusion

Comment

Gotcha. So it was sort of like putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.

I got drawn for a doe permit both times I put in, but I didn't send a card in last season or this season, for that matter. There are some beautiful areas up that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X