• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
    Wear a helmet!!

Also stretch.

You’re gona be sore!!!!
    Start stretching now and exercising. Walking, jogging, uphill climbs.. nothing is worse than taking a week off to enjoy a nice vacation on the mountains and be too sore to tie your shoes on day two.

I am a snowboarder and due to all the core movements, as well as hip, thigh and calf movements, I get in shape (better shape, anyway) before I go.

I like to go to the mountain to hit the slopes not lay around sore complaining, which can be easy to do when you’re out of shape.

Comment

Yep get you a half of day of ski school at least and better be in decent shape are you will want to just hang out in the bar after a full day on the slopes and Drink your soreness away which isn't a bad thing lol

Comment

Some places have a 4 person lesson, that's a lot better than a group lesson but not near as expensive as a private lesson. If that's an option you will increase your skiing ability a lot further in a single morning than a group lesson.

I actually recommend a second lesson the next day for most. The first day you are really learning a lot and getting used to how things move and feel. So you aren't getting all that's being taught. When you go back for the second day you are better able to focus on what's being taught and making it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Some places have a 4 person lesson, that's a lot better than a group lesson but not near as expensive as a private lesson. If that's an option you will increase your skiing ability a lot further in a single morning than a group lesson.

I actually recommend a second lesson the next day for most. The first day you are really learning a lot and getting used to how things move and feel. So you aren't getting all that's being taught. When you go back for the second day you are better able to focus on what's being taught and making it work.
          Now this sounds like a plan

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

I agree with this (I think). After I started skiing and got to the point where I could at least do a "hockey stop" (ie. both skis perpendicular to the slope, and, preferably, pointing the same direction), I took group intermediate lessons because they were cheaper than private. The great thing was the groups were small because most intermediate skiers don't think they need lessons. Consequently, the instructors could instruct each student at their individual level of need. For me, it was pole planting and keeping my upper body facing downhill while the lower part took care of the turns. Made and continues to make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              The family and I are heading to Lake Tahoe for spring break and I have never skied. Is ski school worth it or should I just wing it ?
              Ski school at least a half day, it’s worth it

Comment

I know you've got it now, but to help make it stick....Half day lesson the first day, and a second half day lesson the second day isn't a bad idea.

I'd try to find any kind of a deal you can for lift tickets now, they aren't cheap up there anymore. Was just up there with some old friends from HS for New Years, and was blown away with what they are charging anymore.

Comment

Take the lessons

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ski school is time well spent for the beginner. Also spend as much time in the gym before you go as you can working on lower body particularly quads. Nothing like trying to learn a ew skill on legs that are painfully sore.

Comment

Lien, forward... then lien forward some more!

That's about all I learned in the group "school" class but it was a good opportunity to chill on the easy stuff while getting my ski legs. Had a blast, wish we were doing it again soon. I finished our trip off basically rolling down a black slope lol... had to try it though or my boys would have called me chicken.

Comment

Working...
                      X