Albert & Bessie Kronkosky SNA Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert & Bessie Kronkosky SNA Hunt

Just wondered if any one went on this hunt back in Nov. or Dec? Never did see anyone report on it. I put in for it, but was not drawn.

From my understanding this year was the first ever hunt on this park and the park has never been open to the public. I am sure there has to be some big deer on the place, due to the fact that it has not been hunted recently and the fact that it is nearly 4k acres. Makes me wonder if the hunt ever took place...........

Comment

We put in for it, but did not get drawn.

Comment

I put in but didn't get drawn either

Comment

To the Best of my knowledge I never heard of anyone even being drawn.

Comment

Bumping this back up. I was drawn for this hunt for the first weekend of December. Does anyone have any info about this hunt? Anyone ever been to this SNA?

Comment

I think this is the second year for this hunt.

Just looked it up 83% success rate last year.

It is only spike or antlerless, no big bucks. Maybe get lucky with an exotic though.
              Last edited by Sideler; 11-18-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hey, back alive. I posted this same question to another form site and was told it was High fence???
                Last edited by Ungawa; 11-18-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a doe/spike meat hunt. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Just talked to the manager there who was very nice. It turns out that it was high fenced back in 1998 by the family that donated it to the state when the deer population in the area was pretty low, so the deer density inside the fence is much lower than outside. Although there are some parts of the fence that have been washed out, so animals can move in and out some. He said there are not as many deer but they are very healthy because there is less competition for food.

Very few exotics - one axis and a couple fallow seen over the past three years. They do have some hogs but are not overrun yet. They would like us to take does to keep the deer population in check. There are some rare plants that they would like to protect that have only been seen in two counties in the world. Apparently it is pretty rough terrain. 4wd a must. The youth hunt there was canceled this year due to flooding and the other doe/spike hunt had pretty bad weather also and only a couple deer shot. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Hill Country would look like if the deer population there were much lower. Should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X