Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects

Old 04-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
txagyotebuster
Six Point

Default A couple Mule Pro FXT mods

We bought a '19 Pro fxt back in September and i have been adding stuff to it since.

Started with a front receiver hitch i made at the machine shop i work at.

Added the roof (was originally planning on building one myself but after pricing the metal and getting it cut/bent and adding paing and everything i wasn't going to save a whole bunch once i put a bunch of time into it. It is an Eagle Mt Tx roof. Very nice and well built.

I added front and rear light bars to the roof.

Wired in a fuse block under the hood to get power for my lights and horn i added.

Also added 2 Gator Grip gun/tool holders to hold my little .410 snake gun as well as keeping a hoe or shovel handy and the bed clear.

Added mirrors and a half windshield as well.
Also built an under seat storage box out of scrap 1x12 or 1x10 (can't remember exactly off hand)

Last thing i built was my front Yeti rack. Paint is drying as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by txagyotebuster; 04-30-2019 at 09:03 PM.
txagyotebuster is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
nacohunter
Four Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches County, Cherokee County, Runnels County, Rusk County

Very nice! Love my 2018 Ranch Edition.
nacohunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

Nice, I will probably copy that front hitch.

Any pictures of where you mounted the fuse block under your hood? I just have mine laying in there right now because I can't decide where to mount it.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 07:14 AM   #4
txagyotebuster
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
Nice, I will probably copy that front hitch.

Any pictures of where you mounted the fuse block under your hood? I just have mine laying in there right now because I can't decide where to mount it.

I don't have any pics of that but i just mounted it sorta over the passenger front wheel well. Just drilled s hole and used a short bolt just so it doesn't bounce around while driving.

I kinda copied that front hitch from someone on here (can't remember his screen name).
I used 3/8" x 4" flat to make it. One thing the pics don't show and i hope I explain this well enough is that i took 2 pieces of 1/4x2 flat and went from the top and bottom on the backside of the big plate and angled down/up to the back end of the 2" receiver tube. This "boxed" it instead of it just being the tube stuck in the plate. It took a ton of flex out of it.

I will also say i am 100% confident in what i built. But it is still just bolted onto the factory brush guard so i am a. It leary of hanging a bunch of weight on it. I wouldn't go more than say a 50 lb road feeder or something like this small yeti. The tubing on the brush guard is not super heavy.

I also orderd a deal thay is basically a piece of bent flat metal and a big u bolt off Amazon to take out the slack from the cooler basket/road feeder. They are super simple to make but only like $15 and wasn't worth my time to try to make and find material.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:17 AM   #5
Coopdog09
Nubbin' Buck

Looking good

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Coopdog09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #6
tkusak
Spike

Hunt In: Christine, TX & Edna, TX

Question for yall that have a mule. How do you secure the seat while hauling it down the road? I'm on seat #3, can't seem to remember to pull the seat off every time we haul the dang thing....
tkusak is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #7
Palmetto
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, Old Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by txagyotebuster View Post

I will also say i am 100% confident in what i built. But it is still just bolted onto the factory brush guard so i am a. It leary of hanging a bunch of weight on it. I wouldn't go more than say a 50 lb road feeder or something like this small yeti. The tubing on the brush guard is not super heavy.
Yep. I built a small one too so that I wouldn't overload it, and everyone always wants to sit on it!!

I used the factory holes in the bumper to mount mine. Makes for a clean looking install.
Attached Images

Palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 07:33 AM   #8
Palmetto
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, Old Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkusak View Post
Question for yall that have a mule. How do you secure the seat while hauling it down the road? I'm on seat #3, can't seem to remember to pull the seat off every time we haul the dang thing....
I have never had that issue, but I will heed your warning! You could always make you some small cable lanyards, and rivet them to the frame & bottom side of the seat. Any hardware store should have all the materials.
Palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #9
txagyotebuster
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
Yep. I built a small one too so that I wouldn't overload it, and everyone always wants to sit on it!!

I used the factory holes in the bumper to mount mine. Makes for a clean looking install.
Looks good buddy! I went with the reciever hitch mainly to use the shackle in my 1st pic as a point to tie it down when trailering. The cooler basket was an afterthought.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:36 AM   #10
AgHntr10
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam

I have only had the seat come off twice but it was in the floorboard when I stopped. Now that I think about it, it seems like there was cable lanyards attached to it that would keep it from blowing completely out.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 09:22 AM   #11
KCarter
Four Point

How much does a half windshield help when it’s cold? Who made the mirrors?
KCarter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #12
txagyotebuster
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCarter View Post
How much does a half windshield help when its cold? Who made the mirrors?
If you duck your head down lower it helps a lot. I got it because my 2 little girls ride with me and kt keeps the wind out of their face. And idk about the mirrors. They are from Amazon. There are lots of options
Old 05-02-2019, 09:49 AM   #13
txagyotebuster
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
I have only had the seat come off twice but it was in the floorboard when I stopped. Now that I think about it, it seems like there was cable lanyards attached to it that would keep it from blowing completely out.

Mine has a little cable lanyard on each side
Old 05-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #14
savin yours
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas
Default A couple Mule Pro FXT mods

Just put a lift on mine with some free 28 tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savin yours is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top