Glen Rose dinosaur stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen Rose dinosaur stuff

Who’s been? I’m thinking about making the trip during spring break. Places to eat, decent hotels anything else to check out. Probably drive down one day and spend the night, maybe two.

I took my sons and nephews years ago, they still talk about it! Makes me feel good after all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They have a hammer there incase in rock. Science says it's been in that rock for 350 million years. London hammer.....check it out.

Comment

You should also visit Fossil Rim Wildlife Center (1800 Acres with all types of free ranging critters you see from you vehicle driving the routes), Big Rocks Park.
        Eat at Green Pickle and don't miss...for BBQ, Loco Coyote. Hotels, probably the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta are the best. There "used" to be a few day rentals for actual homes but I don't know if they still are in business or not.

You might also enjoy Rough Creek Lodge, the place Chris Kyle was killed at the gun range years past. They have a lodge (expensive), bar/eatery (expensive), stocked "catch & release" lake plus other things to do. We have seen a lot of Pro Athletes, etc., there in the past just going to lunch.

Depending on weather and river level, there are a few "Canoe/River/Float (tubes)" places off hwy 67.

We had a Land Sales office there for 3 years, until we totally sold all the sites out, so I've been to just about every place to eat and explore, beautiful area and Kid Friendly!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
          You should also visit Fossil Rim Wildlife Center (1800 Acres with all types of free ranging critters you see from you vehicle driving the routes), Big Rocks Park.
          Eat at Green Pickle and don't miss...for BBQ, Loco Coyote. Hotels, probably the Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta are the best. There "used" to be a few day rentals for actual homes but I don't know if they still are in business or not.

You might also enjoy Rough Creek Lodge, the place Chris Kyle was killed at the gun range years past. They have a lodge (expensive), bar/eatery (expensive), stocked "catch & release" lake plus other things to do. We have seen a lot of Pro Athletes, etc., there in the past just going to lunch.

Depending on weather and river level, there are a few "Canoe/River/Float (tubes)" places off hwy 67.

We had a Land Sales office there for 3 years, until we totally sold all the sites out, so I've been to just about every place to eat and explore, beautiful area and Kid Friendly!

Our family did both of these and agree it's a great time and good eats! We had a great trip. There's a park nearby with huge rocks that my kids loved and climbed on them for an hour.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumathebear View Post

Our family did both of these and agree it's a great time and good eats! We had a great trip. There's a park nearby with huge rocks that my kids loved and climbed on them for an hour.

Yep...funny, the old timers both in Glen Rose and Granbury are not that happy with more folks discovering what our two towns have to offer! As the DFW area continues to grow and get congested, more and more are heading Southwest to the northern most tip of the Hill Country. I still recant those from DFW who have never been in our area commenting how different it is from their area. It's really another world with the hills, pastures, just gorgeous country.

Comment

Check out Tres Rios... they have cabins and bunk houses for rent.

Comment

Fossil rim is pretty good.

Used to float the river there a lot while in college

Loco coyote is cool eating joint. It’s about 5-10 miles outside town but worth the drive. Real cool atmosphere. Very good and large burgers.

Pretty good golf courses if your into that

The lake at the power plant has some really good bass fishing as well

Shopping downtown

Comment

ChaChi's is pretty good

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Try Oakdale Park. We stayed there in an RV but from what I remember, there were nice cabins available too.

Comment

Kris, we've been there with bryer. We went and watched a playoff game there one Friday then went to the dino stuff Saturday. Bryer loved it.

Comment

We are planning on going to the museum too. My son is absolutely fascinated with dinosaurs. Hopefully we can see most of that stuff in a day or so. Keep the ideas coming. I can always go back for more visits.

Comment

Hard 8 BBQ right down the road, in Stephenville.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

Great recommendation. Only thing I can add is go back in the fall and see The Promise.

Comment

Working...
                              X