Bitzenburger dial o fletch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a used bitzenburger for fletching feathers and when I have a feather in the clamp and put it on the magnet to put it on the shaft but the base of the feather won't go flat on the shaft anybody have this issue or even better have a fix for it. I have used this jig for plastic vanes before but never for feathers

There are 2 adjustment knobs on the side of the jig that you should be able to use to adjust the clamp so the quill of the feather lays correctly on the shaft.

Bisch

Comment

Bisch- thanks I'll see if that helps

Comment

Bisch that did help but The clamp still has daylight between the shaft. I can put the clamp on a flat surface and can see daylight 3/4 of the way up same place the feather is not making contact on the arrow shaft. I wonder if it would hurt anything to take a file and file it until it makes good contact?

Comment

You don't need to file it. I have fletched a gazillion arrows with a Bitz, and it will work. Try this:

Put a feather in the clamp.

Run a knife between the clamp and the quill, which will pick the feather up off the clamp just a tad.

Put glue on the quill and try it out and see if it does not glue down all the way.

Bisch

Comment

Are you sure your feathers are the same wing as your clamp?

Joe

Comment

Ok sounds good I will give it a try

Comment

Joe yes they are

Comment

I have used my bitz for well over 35 years. I bow my feathers in the middle then push them against the shaft. Works every time without fail.

Comment

Bisch- Ol Man/ worked like a champ

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

There 2 style clamps straight and helical. What you got is a helical that has space in middle on a flat surface . Don't file it ,it meant too wrap around the shaft. Straight is flat,

Comment

Ok I see thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X