Small propane heater in deer blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small propane heater in deer blind?

I'm sure we all have strong opinions about heaters in deer blinds. I've hunted my entire life without one, and I'm happy to continue on that way. However, I'm trying to get my 10 year old son more interested in hunting, so the heater is a big help with that.

Question is, do the heaters give off a scent that spooks deer?

I hunt with mine when it gets cold. Never had an issue with it.

Comment

I've used a Mr. Buddy heater with no issues.

Comment

Mr buddy is your friend when it's cold

Comment

Never had a problem with using one!

Comment

I have a mr. buddy heater and another less expensive one and both help take the edge off when it gets pretty cold. I have not seen a negative impact on the deer. It may be the difference between a good and bad experience with your kid if they can be a little warmer.

Comment

They work great & there is no way I could keep the little one comfortable with out a heater on those cool mornings! FYI - you can catch good deals every so often on refurbished Mr Buddy units online from Cabela's.

Comment

If they smell the heater, they're gonna smell you. I'm of the opinion that, since warm air rises, it's actually an advantage, somewhat like the thermals carrying your scent up as the morning warms up. Use the heater, you won't regret it.

Comment

Mr Buddy heater all the way!!! It doesn't bother the deer

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    If they smell the heater, they're gonna smell you. I'm of the opinion that, since warm air rises, it's actually an advantage, somewhat like the thermals carrying your scent up as the morning warms up. Use the heater, you won't regret it.
                    That's an excellent point!

Comment

I bought a Mr. Buddy last year and we never really needed it because of the warm weather. Taking my son this weekend and I thought I may need to break it out. So far it sounds like the consensus is that they are not a problem.

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                        I've used a Mr. Buddy heater with no issues.
                        X2 stays in the blind once the season starts.

Comment

Best to keep the little one warm and happy! But isn't this just an excuse to keep yourself warm? I have hunted with one in the blind (with my kids of course.) and never caused a problem with the deer, at least that I know of.

Comment

I have 2 bow blinds and 2 rifle blinds and every one has a Mr. Heater Little Buddy in it. I like to hunt comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                              Best to keep the little one warm and happy! But isn't this just an excuse to keep yourself warm? I have hunted with one in the blind (with my kids of course.) and never caused a problem with the deer, at least that I know of.
                              Ha, exactly right! I'm sure I won't be high enough on my principles to remove the heater when he isn't with me. Well, our kids make us soft...we all knew that. My wife and I had our first daughter last year....I'm sure I won't be quite so tough when she gets old enough to hunt with dad. 😊

Comment

Working...
                              X