Poacher Story's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poacher Story's

So let's hear some story’s about poachers that you successfully caught and the GW gott'em.

I was in Lampasas riding around on my cousin’s place. We saw a deer carcass hanging on a fence post fresh. We tracked the blood to where the shot was. Well into his place. Notified GW and he came out and took a look. Went to the ranch next door and found the guy and his kid packing up. Kid got a really good lesson of what not to do and Dad got a hefty ticket.

We hunted a couple big farms out in Rule, TX along the Brazoz river. The two farms we hunted were connected and covered roughly 5 miles of riverfront with a lot of wheat planted on the farms. We found a fork horn and a buck in a ditch with his head cut off one afternoon we were heading to hunt. Later that night we watched a truck drive down that same county road, very odd as the road would only need to be used by us or the two farmers, so we jumped in the truck to let him know we were around and he hi tailed it past us. We called the game warden to inform him of the two deer and suspicious activity of the truck we saw. Well it wasn't the middle of the week we got a call from the GW saying he caught the poacher. He was shooting into one of our wheat fields at night with a spotlight. Best part was the kid still had the head from that buck in the back of his truck. Needless to say the 16 year old lost his rifle and received some hefty hefty fines. I think his ford ranger might have been taken as well but not for sure. The GW confirmed he had spotlighted 12 deer, poached illegally in a 15 mile radius of our property. Did I mention I hate poachers!!

Comment

I wonder if we will get any poaching stories told in the first person?

Comment

I hate poachers

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          So there I was with my 22lr and spotlight at midnight on my neighbors side of the fence...........

Comment

We had a family of them, out in West Texas. They were on the bordering property. You could see trails from there property to buckets placed by our feeders. We told the game warden. He took a few months, but he busted them. They lost the property. Game warden told us it would be $60,000 in fines. That they had shot a bunch of bucks out of season

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              So there I was with my 22lr and spotlight at midnight on my neighbors side of the fence...........
              and then?

Comment

and then?
                That's it, Im not a poacher I just like to watch the neighbors wife through the windows at night. Hahaha JK.

Comment

years ago i caught three young guys in the big thicket national park in october dragging out a buck,, i was already heading out to my truck, i waited for them to get the deer out to the road and stepped out with a 10-22 and 50 rounds, i took their drivers licenses and told them they had a choice to follow me to a phone and wait for the game warden there or he would show up at their houses with the drivers licenses in hand,,,, he showed up, a few of there squirrels were still alive so he cited them for that, 2 of the three for no license, the same two for trespassing, the third one admitted to shooting it,,
                  the warden was very surprised when i told him the deer was in the back of their truck,,,, they decided to drive on down to the jp office were they handled the state charges, then they made them clean the deer and jp and warden gave me the deer.....

i think when the feds got through the fines totaled just under $16,000, and that was in about 1986....

Comment

That's it, Im not a poacher I just like to watch the neighbors wife through the windows at night. Hahaha JK.
                    Wait...you were looking at what? With your what in your hand? Are you sure it wasn't a 22short ?

Comment

HaHa, good one.

Comment

About a year after my dad had passed away, me and my sisters ex boyfriend where out shooting rabbits and see a red spotlight going around in circles, so we high tail it over there and they tried to take off but almost fall off the side of the mountain do to it being to muddy. The guy gets out and happens to be one of dads friends and he is drunk, didn't call the game warden, but I will if it happens again.

Another one was our neighboring ranchers, I dropped my brother off to walk to his stand and about 10 min later he calls and asks if I hunted that blind this morning? I said no why? He says there is foot prints walking all the way to the blind, so I start heading back to see where they came from well sure enough they lead to the neighbors, I then approach them and they say they had wounded a deer, but there was no blood at all.... I just told him I don't care if you recover a deer, but I want a phone call, before you hop our fence.
                        Last one is on a county road that runs through our property, my dad is buried about 200 or so yards off it over looking the property. for about a year I have been trying to catch the guy that is pulling off the county road into our property that sits at his grave and drinks then throws out his beer in a pile and takes off leaving it there. I promise if I catch him, the game warden/sheriff won't be called until I'm done with his ***.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          years ago i caught three young guys in the big thicket national park in october dragging out a buck,, i was already heading out to my truck, i waited for them to get the deer out to the road and stepped out with a 10-22 and 50 rounds, i took their drivers licenses and told them they had a choice to follow me to a phone and wait for the game warden there or he would show up at their houses with the drivers licenses in hand,,,, he showed up, a few of there squirrels were still alive so he cited them for that, 2 of the three for no license, the same two for trespassing, the third one admitted to shooting it,,
                          the warden was very surprised when i told him the deer was in the back of their truck,,,, they decided to drive on down to the jp office were they handled the state charges, then they made them clean the deer and jp and warden gave me the deer.....

i think when the feds got through the fines totaled just under $16,000, and that was in about 1986....
                          You sir have big cajones...

And I have always wondered, us here on TBH must all be some bad dudes cause everyone always says "they can't wait to catch someone". Anyone ever wondered what happens when you do catch them and you realize that you might have made a bad choice.....as in they stomp a mud hole in your arse and them walk in it til its dry ?

Comment

I'll go

30 years ago 5 of us shared a house off campus and one nameless individual (who is a State Trooper Now) decided we needed meat for the house and against my better judgment hopped in the truck with him to go do the deed.
                            Fortunately we didn't see any in the place we always had before and the only deer that was shot was a deer crossing street sign.
                            It took 20 more years before I actually killed my first deer by the way.

Comment

Got invited on a hunt on a really nice property in cricket when I was 15. The owners wife dropped me, a buddy, and their son off at camp which was about 100 yards from the county road. None of us had a vehicle or a license. We had to walk to our stands and it was archery season. Well the first day we were having lunch at camp and I look up across the paster that borders the county road and a huge buck crossed the road onto the property we were hunting. I had a lever action 30/30 and it was only a reach away and the buck was 75yards tops, but I'm not a poacher. So we watched it run off and hoped one of us would get a shot at it. Well fast forward to about 2am that night and we are awakened by a gunshot, stick my head out of the tent and see a flashlight in the pasture the buck ran into along the county road. It was obvious what was going on. They were spot lighting, shot a deer from the road and ran out in the pasture to get it. They were gone before we were all out of the tent. There was a blood trail all the way to where their truck was. Always wondered if they got that big buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X