Ranch Surveillance System Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    We put up two Arlo go cameras in solar panels. They work great! Run off cell service and don’t need power.

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals
    Thanks! I was looking at those! How remote are you? I’ve got decent cell service there but nervous it’s gonna be spotty at best. How is the feed when you view on your phone? Does it run real time or jumpy?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
      Thanks! I was looking at those! How remote are you? I’ve got decent cell service there but nervous it’s gonna be spotty at best. How is the feed when you view on your phone? Does it run real time or jumpy?

I have 1 bar when sitting on the porch under a metal roof. They run perfectly fine and stay at 1-2 bars. No jumpy video or lag in video what so ever.

The thing I like best is that they have a microphone and speaker. I can hear people talking and talk to people through them. There is about a 2 second lag time when talking through them or watching live feed.

All motion detected video is stored in the cloud for 30 days. we get an alert as soon as motion is detected. We disable them when we are there.

I have been very impressed so far. The best thing is that if our camp looses power (I.e. flood from Harvey) we won’t loose cameras. The lowest they ever drop is around 10% during the night.

Comment

I have 1 bar when sitting on the porch under a metal roof. They run perfectly fine and stay at 1-2 bars. No jumpy video or lag in video what so ever.

The thing I like best is that they have a microphone and speaker. I can hear people talking and talk to people through them. There is about a 2 second lag time when talking through them or watching live feed.

All motion detected video is stored in the cloud for 30 days. we get an alert as soon as motion is detected. We disable them when we are there.

I have been very impressed so far. The best thing is that if our camp looses power (I.e. flood from Harvey) we won’t loose cameras. The lowest they ever drop is around 10% during the night.

Thanks useful info. I am going to PM you with specific questions if you don’t mind?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          Thanks useful info. I am going to PM you with specific questions if you don’t mind?

Yes sir

Comment

We put up two Arlo go cameras in solar panels. They work great! Run off cell service and don’t need power.

Do you use the Arlo cell service or Verizon or ATT?

Comment

And I dont guess you can piggy back Arlo cameras on one cell service?

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
                This^^^^^^
                And how much is a plan? And how much data?

Comment

Ranch Surveillance System Suggestions

I am on the family share plan on ATT. I can add up to 10 devices for $20 each a month. Unlimited data. So the ATT version of the arlo go will cost me $20 a month for unlimited data. Much cheaper than the Arlo go plan

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post

I use At&T. It is on a business account. I think it is around 10-20 bucks per line per month.

Comment

Another arlo user. Although mine are Wi-Fi. Set up litteraly took less than 20 minutes for 3 cameras

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like the Arlo Go with ATT service is $399 for the camera. Is that what you guys paid?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                          It looks like the Arlo Go with ATT service is $399 for the camera. Is that what you guys paid?
                          Yes, all in all it was around $480 each when I bought the camera and solar panel.

I think I found one or two for a little cheaper in eBay, but they were hard to come by.

Comment

My sign says "property under camera surveillance" because I have hidden game cams on my place and by the gate.

My gate is at the end of a county road, so it is public up to that point. So far, no problems. I also have my gate fence posts painted purple 12" at the top of each.
                            Attached Files

Comment

We use ZuumCCTV. Has an app for your phone. Shows live feed, and archives video. There is also an ability to have it alert when there is movement...it didn't take very long for me to turn that off. Works well for us using a mobile booster.

Comment

Working...
                              X