No announcement yet.

Started My Flatbed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got all the tedious welding dome today. Just have a few thing to add and a few welds to grind, then it's time for the flap disk. Gonna get a wash and a wire brushing, then it should be ready for some primer underneath.

Pics to come. Promise.

Comment

You may wanna consider a length of 1/4" rod laid along the fender inner edge to beef it up some. Make that sharp edge blunt..

Comment

Comment

The list is getting shorter.

Comment

I'm a fan! I want to build one too, and this is giving me lots of good ideas.

Comment

looking good

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Deer weren't moving at my place so I went and wrapped up the few loose ends that were left. Just needs diamond plate now and I think It's done. Just a wash and some primer. There may be hope yet.

Comment

You guys think the degreaser at a carwash would be ok to use to get the thing clean? Thinking that might be a cheap and easy way to prep it for paint. Just degrease it, high pressure soap, then rinse and let dry on the drive back. Hardest part will be getting underneath when its on the rrailer. Thinking I might do it before the floor plate goes on.

Comment

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Got it all washed today and got two coats of primer and some color on the bottom, a coat of primer on most of the top of it, and a coat of primer on the trailer we've been building. Gotta do some sanding and then a second coat of primer. I was worried that it was going to take forever to dry, but this new stuff we are using is amazing. We usually use Rustoleum, and it takes overnight to dry the primer and then weeks for the topcoat to dry completely, which means we usually take stuff to show that is still soft. Not tacky, sticky, or wet, but soft enough to scratch easily. This stuff dries rock hard in 2 hours. It's called Sher-Kem paint and Kem-Chromic primer from Sherwin Williams. Good stuff, and only slightly more than the Rustoleum.

Pics to come when Photobucket decides to cooperate.

Comment

Can't wait to see it man!

Comment

Lets just hope I don't screw up the paint. I tried spraying the underside according to what the manufacturer says, 8:1:1, paint:hardener:reducer, but that was WAAAAYYYYYY to thin. Gonna try again tomorrow without the reducer and see if that sprays better. Thinking the hardener will act somewhat like a reducer because its thin as water.

Comment

Best I can do right now because photobucket on my iPad is contrary.

Comment

I'm a fan man! Wanna build one for a dually? [emoji51][emoji57]

Comment

Working...
                                X