Salt Water Fishing Reels??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt Water Fishing Reels??

Which Lews model are you saltwater fishermen using? I've always been a Shimano guy, but I done with them after having to rebuild my Core after every use.

Diawa has a great saltwater reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RedBarn View Post
      Which Lews model are you saltwater fishermen using? I've always been a Shimano guy, but I done with them after having to rebuild my Core after every use.

I usually use lews but like Shimano a lot more but if you are switching use sppedspools.

Comment

Lews LG1SH. I mostly wade fish. Great reel

Comment

I fish Shimano Curados. The Core, if I'm not mistaken, is framed in magnesium and magnesium and salt water don't jive hence the constant problems with it in salt water.

Comment

13 fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BB1 pro is hard to beat and its on sale right now at tackle warehouse.
              The BB! pro is a great reel out of the box.

The Team lite is also good if you want to spend a little more.

They also have a new saltwater edition on preorder

Comment

BB1 and BB2 Inshores. Can't beat them.

Comment

I recently got a new Lew's Tournament MB Speed Spool and a Lew's Mach II Speed Spool and both are awesome. If I picked just one out of those 2 it would be the Tournament MB but both are very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                    I fish Shimano Curados. The Core, if I'm not mistaken, is framed in magnesium and magnesium and salt water don't jive hence the constant problems with it in salt water.
                    Curados were a wonderful reel, fished the same reel 15yrs, but thought the Core was the next best thing. My dad fishes Chronarchs and loves them. I guess I'm just looking for something different.

Comment

Def can't go wrong with the BB1 or 2 as the others stated.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! The search begins.

Comment

Shimano curado for me. Several reels that have fished 50+ days a year for 17-18 years and I've only replaced a drag washer and I upgraded the bearings. All of my new curados get oiled every few uses and broken down 2x a year to clean and grease. Idk about the core, I would assume it isn't for salt water if you're having problems with it.

Comment

When my Curado 50e finally decides to poop out, I think I'm going to go in the Lew's direction as well to try something new. Thinking about the Custom Speed Spool SLP.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                              Shimano curado for me. Several reels that have fished 50+ days a year for 17-18 years and I've only replaced a drag washer and I upgraded the bearings. All of my new curados get oiled every few uses and broken down 2x a year to clean and grease. Idk about the core, I would assume it isn't for salt water if you're having problems with it.

I'd still be fishing my Curado but I can't seem to get it in good enough shape to fish. Like you I took really good care of it, rebuilt it, etc., but could never get it back to it's prime. Broke my heart when I decided to replace it.

The Core was a great reel for about 3 years. #1 issue was an anti-reverse bearing going out. All down hill from then on.

Comment

Working...
                              X