No announcement yet.

High fence legal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be taking down that existing fence asap. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      I would be taking down that existing fence asap. Good luck.
      That may be an option, but I have been told not to do anything at this point. Some good information was actually on this thread so far.

Comment

If he is correct and can put it up, i would demand several gates to the creek so you dont lose access to the creek.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          If "John" didn't straighten his act up PDQ I would remove current fence and tell him to build back on the property line and don't bother me anymore.

Does not sound too friendly to me if he is willing to take your land because it is convenient for him. Sounds like the Hippy would be easier to get along with
          Hippy probably hitting that pipe in his deer blind seeing zebras and giraffes. He don’t care

Comment

Just a thought here, if said "hippie" is shooting deer close to fence line and they jump over, call the game warden to recover said deer and question bullet crossing fence line. This should put an end to all issues?

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              Just a thought here, if said "hippie" is shooting deer close to fence line and they jump over, call the game warden to recover said deer and question bullet crossing fence line. This should put an end to all issues?

This would be a good start!! Let the GW recover his deer and shake him down why there's no blood on the fence or on his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm confused about the fencing the waterway part. If he puts the fence on your side of the creek, then that means he has to cross the water way with the fence? And yes, that high fence will not last long. Tell him to put it on his side and out of the floodzone..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  and stands and feeders have to be a certain distance from a fence.
                  huh?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                    I'm confused about the fencing the waterway part. If he puts the fence on your side of the creek, then that means he has to cross the water way with the fence? And yes, that high fence will not last long. Tell him to put it on his side and out of the floodzone..lol
                    He has flood gaps built. That never hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                      I told John that to begin with, hippy said the deer walked down the fence line on his side and when he shot the deer jumped over the fence and died.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                        I would lite a bag of poop on his porch everyday for eternity.
                        Lol! That’s not a remedy that we often come up with in court. I like it.

Comment

Only one option to me if it doesn’t fall under some obscure law in his favor, the fence would come down. Both guys have shown their true colors. Time to right a couple of wrongs.

Easy to see the moral of the story, and fences don’t make good neighbors.

Comment

If your neighbor wants to put up a high fence between you and him, you could agree to let him put half the distance of the common boundary on his side of the creek and the remainder on your side with a water gap at the creek crossing.

Comment

Tell him "It's just a deer, ok, two deer" there are millions more where those came from.

Also he'd be a fool to build a fence on your property.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                This isn't adverse possession.

This is your neighbor helping you put up a fence (that you own) on your property.

He is using the part of your land between the creek and the fence, but he isn't in adverse possession of that land.

I agree to let my tenants live in and on my property, but even if they stay there for 10 or 20 years, it's still my property.

You cross that fence all the time, right?
                                And he knows about it, right?
                                Not necessarily the same thing bud

Comment

Working...
                                X