Saskatchewan Whitetail - LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.C. View Post
    Seeing the northern lights walking to the stand would just about make my trip. Fingers crossed for you bud.
    Yeah it would ! Unbelievable.

Comment

Good luck to you and your dad!!!
      Sounds like an awesome trip!

Comment

Well, I wish we were processing a deer but the delay is a result of my phone freezing (literally) while in the blind. Today was one of those days that really test you as a hunter. 11 hours in 5 degrees (-10F windchill) was brutal and not seeing a single deer didn’t help.

That said, this is a hunting trip and we have no say so over the weather or when the deer move. Our job is to show up and stick something if/when the time comes.

Will get after it tomorrow and hopefully we will have some LDPs headed your way!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. View Post
            Seeing the northern lights walking to the stand would just about make my trip. Fingers crossed for you bud.
            I can’t begin to describe it. It is one of those moments I will remember for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
              Well, I wish we were processing a deer but the delay is a result of my phone freezing (literally) while in the blind. Today was one of those days that really test you as a hunter. 11 hours in 5 degrees (-10F windchill) was brutal and not seeing a single deer didn’t help.

That said, this is a hunting trip and we have no say so over the weather or when the deer move. Our job is to show up and stick something if/when the time comes.

Will get after it tomorrow and hopefully we will have some LDPs headed your way!
              That's a great attitude to have! Keep at it & enjoy your time there. It will all come together.

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip. Good Luck and Safe Travels.

Comment

Put that phone in a place that's not freezing, we need pics.
                  I'd love to try this hunt some day and thanks for taking us along.

Good luck!

Comment

Pay attention to your equipment especially the moving parts (cams, cable slide, rest, release) to ensure they don't get any moisture in them that may freeze up. Transferring your bow from a warm vehicle through the snow into a freezing blind can spell disaster. Draw your bow occasionally throughout the day to make sure everything is ready when the moment of opportunity comes.

Maintain the great attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                      Pay attention to your equipment especially the moving parts (cams, cable slide, rest, release) to ensure they don't get any moisture in them that may freeze up. Transferring your bow from a warm vehicle through the snow into a freezing blind can spell disaster. Draw your bow occasionally throughout the day to make sure everything is ready when the moment of opportunity comes.

Maintain the great attitude.

Never thought about this. Good points, I think today is the day !

Comment

Put your phone inside your shirt so it gets your body heat. I learned that when my sandwich froze the first day I was there. I put it in my pocket the next day, it got smushed but you can eat a smushed sandwich, but it is hard to eat a frozen one. Your post reminded me of sitting in the blind all day with just me and my thoughts. My first thought was usually, I hope they remember where they left me.

Comment

You need this

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Good luck. Hope you see a nice one!

Comment

Guess his phone froze again... Hope your seeing them!

Comment

Working...
                                X