Turkeys were silent this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkeys were silent this morning!

We are in Coleman for the youth opener. Not a single gobble this morning. Anyone else having a challenge with birds calling with this N wind, or is it just us?

Not too tough here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the report. We are thinking about going to menard tomorrow. Forecast looks windy. Hope the northern didn't shut then down.

Comment

Yes, they've been a challenge for us in Kimble county. Went out there earlier in the week and never heard a gobble. Yesterday we called for an hour before finally hearing a gobble about 200 yards off. Got set up real quick and had a pair of gobblers working their way to us. Last gobble sounded maybe 75 yards off then they went completely silent and never showed up. Later in the day we found some hens. Guess the gobblers are "henned up" as they say. We've also had 30+ mph winds all week so lots of things working against us.

Comment

Yesterday was nuts!! Covered in birds all morning and stuck a nice one with my bow. Today pops sat in the same spot and saw 3 hens!! Who knows!

Comment

Good to see some positive reports. Manger to catch a possum in the coon cuff, dispatched that ugly sucker!

Going to eat lunch, reset the coon cuff and see what we can stir mid afternoon

Turkey sign all over the place, just not hearing them like we usually do, but I've never hunted this early in the season, so there's that

Comment

Going to be in Utopia Mon thru Wed. Anybody know what I should expect around there?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Not too tough here

Classic photo. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Had them just out of bow range. Boom stick'n manana. These birds didn't start sounding off till about 09:00.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X