Crappie Jig Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappie Jig Storage

I'm trying to figure out how to best store / organize my crappie tackle, probably more than I'll ever use. I have numerous colors and styles, primarily soft plastics. Also have way too many heads - colors, sizes, different hook styles. I currently have several small tackle bags with the "zip lock bag" storage compartments, as well as several plain zip lock bags full. It's extremely difficult to figure out what all I have and find what I'm wanting to use at any given time.

Wanting to find a better way to organize by color and style for what I want to use on any given day without having to lug around a suitcase sized tackle box / bag.

Do any of y'all have this problem? If so, what organization methods work for y'all? Thanks for your advice.

Worm binders like used for bass fishing work pretty well for soft bodies. I actually found something similar to a wrong binder years ago but it was made for crappie jigs. Instead of one big pouch per layer each layer had 3 pouches on each side. That's what I have all my different color and style jig bodies in and then just a clear tackle box for all my heads and hooks and whatnot. And it all fits in a small carry bag I can swap stuff around in as needed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

For my jig heads I used medicine bottles and label what's inside. As far as soft plastics go. I use the clear tupper ware style containers with locking lids. I have one for dark colors and one for light colors. Used the worm bags before but they tear easily and are a pain.

Comment

I've had this Double sided Magnum for about 25 years. You can make the compartments any size you want with the included spacers, smallest being about 2". Or the full width of the box. Box has everything I need for the most part. And doesn't take up hardly any space. Easy to carry or put in a pack. Has taken a beating too, over the years.
        Messures 12x15x4.75. Comes in gray also.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
        Attached Files

Comment

they stay in the bags they come in and get tossed in an old backpack. not organized but i grab my pole and the bag and am fishing the bank in 2 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
            they stay in the bags they come in and get tossed in an old backpack. not organized but i grab my pole and the bag and am fishing the bank in 2 minutes
            That's how I've been doing it. I just get frustrated not being able to find what I'm looking for. Then I think I'm out and go buy some more, and later find what I was originally looking for afterwards. Over the years I've accumulated as good of a selection as Bass Pro has.

Think I've figured out what I'm going to do. Buy a large box / bag with the zip style bags for my reserve storage. And a couple of smaller, same style, for fishing trips with one of each color / style jig bodies with a smaller box for jig heads. Hopefully this will cut down on having to carry a backpack sized tackle box every time I go fishing.

Comment

Crappie tackle

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
              I'm trying to figure out how to best store / organize my crappie tackle, probably more than I'll ever use. I have numerous colors and styles, primarily soft plastics. Also have way too many heads - colors, sizes, different hook styles. I currently have several small tackle bags with the "zip lock bag" storage compartments, as well as several plain zip lock bags full. It's extremely difficult to figure out what all I have and find what I'm wanting to use at any given time.

Wanting to find a better way to organize by color and style for what I want to use on any given day without having to lug around a suitcase sized tackle box / bag.

Do any of y'all have this problem? If so, what organization methods work for y'all? Thanks for your advice.
              Its clear you have problem, fix can be expensive, or cheap, i'll explain,fix #1requires M.D.[money] #2 those jigs you can't or don't know where to store,cheap fix.GIVE EM TO ME> HEHE

Comment

Hand ties are in plano tackle trays by size. 1/4 in one, 1/8 another, and 1/16 in another. Plastics are in 3-4 gallon zip locks backs and depending on the lake I'm headed too I dig through them and put the stuff I plan to throw in a quart zip lock. Same with some of the hand ties. Most everything I take if I'm not in my boat is in a small zip lock.

Comment

Academy shopping bag...

Comment

Just get ahold of a couple of 10 yr olds and take them fishing, they'll get rid of all that excess tackle in one afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X