Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wow View Post
    Try paying a $23.50 bill with a 20 a 5 and 50 cents.
    Will blow them away.

Did something similar at HEB the other day. I stopped in just to get a few things and total was 21.23. I handed her $22. The drawer kicked out but the screen didn't show the change and this girl started to panic. I told her .77 and she asked if I was sure. When she was getting the change, it finally showed on screen and she said wow you're good...

Comment

Ill take a number 2 add ketchup, large fries and unsweet tea.

You want the combo or just the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        Did something similar at HEB the other day. I stopped in just to get a few things and total was 21.23. I handed her $22. The drawer kicked out but the screen didn't show the change and this girl started to panic. I told her .77 and she asked if I was sure. When she was getting the change, it finally showed on screen and she said wow you're good...
        Ill go to the store and grab a gaterade or whatever. $2.12 for example then tell them I want $47.88 on pump 1. They look at me like im a ghost and they get all red in the face trying to figure out what type or con game im running.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          I wholeheartedly disagree. It’s not the responsibility of public schools or the rest of the “system” to raise people’s children....
          But it is their responsibility to teach,and so many are not even trying to do that.

Comment

I have one that ties into the mentally of today's generation.
            I have a half brother that is 21 years younger than me. He lives in Wyoming with my folks. He was posting on FB a while back about how walmart doesn't pay enough. I told him to pursue an education and learn a skill set that would earn him the income he wanted. I got deleted from his friends list! Lol
            So, I was in Wyoming hunting bear in September and I learned that the Hwy dept was hiring with a starting pay of 21.00 an hour. I asked him why he didn't go get that job. He said "they want you to be there by 7:00 am".
            I almost slapped the crap outta him!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
              I wholeheartedly disagree. It’s not the responsibility of public schools or the rest of the “system” to raise people’s children....
              Do you also agree with the fact that kids graduate from high school (the education which is supposed to prepare them for the "real" world) not knowing a thing about how a mortgage or taxes work. Yet they have spent 4 years learning about the cells inside of a plant leaf, or trigonometry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                I really don't get the OP. Fact is, they don't have an order of 3, as you were told. Balls in your court now. Your wife handled it right, although it would have probably been cheaper to order an order of 4 instead of an order of 1 then another order of 2. I feel certain the girl can add 1+2.
                Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Comment

If you want to lose all faith in the youth just go read the comments section of Instagram and Facebook. 99% of them can't write a complete sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    Today's politicians, law makers, public school systems and the folks running them is the biggest part of the problem....
                    It's very sad actually... These kids are being set up by the system...
                    Yea because the law makers are who raise these kids....

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                      Ding ding ding we have a winner!
                      Funny.....you guys must have been standing behind us in line since you know exactly how it went down. [emoji16]

True, they don't have a button for 3. But if a person asks for three, make it happen. Plain and simple. I didnt want 4 because the 4th wouldnt have been eaten and it would have been wasteful. 2 is too few. This was never about the cost for this girl. She never mentioned one being more than the other. I would have totally understood if it was and I've already addressed that. The girl was very litteral in her position that you can only get 1, 2 or 4. Because that is what's on the screen.

You guys are missing the point here. This occurrence is one of many and they are becoming more frequent these days. Kids are not being taught common sense as pointed out by many stories above. Between that and pure laziness it's become a problem that will only worsen over time.

I also get that I was dealing with a register girl at a PeiWei. But what I don't understand is how kids have no initiative, no self pride. I would have been **** embarrassed if I was that girl and a customer had to tell me how to get 3 egg rolls into the order. Kids just want instant social gratification. They don't care about the satisfaction or self pride of doing your job well.

My dad (like many of your fathers) always taught me that it doesn't matter if you are pushing a broom or doing some other job, do it correctly. Learn from your mistakes, don't rush and think your way through things. My dad wasn't a highly educated man but he was blessed with brilliant common sense. He could look at something and make it. He didn't need instructions, he just figured it out. He would never half-*** something and he drilled that into me.

I was never angry at the girl. I feel bad for her really. I was moreso frustrated with the fact that this is what our society is evolving into. And based on the comments of many above I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bunch of codgers judging all young'ns and millenials from the fast food employee demographic? Where is the common sense in that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Yea because the law makers are who raise these kids....
                          So your happy with the job today's public schools are doing??? No problems ehh??

This thread is about the simple act of counting.. Simple math.. They used to teach that in school..
                          It's Not about raising kids.. Stay focused.

Comment

I stopped at a fruit stand in Mineral Wells this summer for LOCAL peaches, first off she didn’t understand what a local peach was then after giving a $20 bill for $15 worth of peaches she had to use a calculator to figure my change!

Comment

[QUOTE=ttaxidermy;12995903]Who said anything about "raising people's" kids??

Schools are institutions of learning.. They do not teach anymore.. Our school systems have been politicized... Try common core math and get back with me..
                              Ask any senior how many quarts are in a gallon, how many inches are in a foot, how many pints in a quart, how many 8th's of an inch are in a inch.. The list goes on... And these are just the basics.. I learned these in the 4th grade.. It's greak to many seniors these days..

Angleton High school has done away with all vocations. No welding. No wood shop. No auto mechanics.. How in the hail can a school system possibly justify this??????? They can't.. Their answer was "we can't find instructors" bullshat!!!!!!

Its not the fault of the school system. They have been mandated to do these things by the idiots we have running the state govt. I have been a teacher for 25 years. Trust me, teachers don't like the way things are done either. If the school choice bill ever passes private schools will feel it too. Then the private schools will have to be under the same guidelines as public schools. I don't think everyone who supports this bill because its will save them money realize this
                              Last edited by bullhead44; 12-08-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ask them to read cursive;(

Comment

Working...
                                X